Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Adults and ADD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
I know many adults have ADD or ADHD, but is it possible for it to start developing in adulthood? Like be fine as a child and teen and in your twenties start? Any know or have that happen to them? Also, can anyone tell me from their personal experiences what is the difference? I have read about them, but it's different. Like what in your life is different than someone with ADD, or vice versa. Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mimi0815
by Mimmie on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:28 PM
My husband has ADD. We've been together since we were 17 but I never noticed it until we got older. Sometimes it drives me insane because he can't keep still and stay focused for too long without blanking out. I've learned to talk fast and continuously ask him questions like "are you listening "? And that normally keeps him paying attention. Most women that meet him though are easily annoyed by him . He's the sweetest guy you'll ever want to meet but he just can't keep still and when he gets excited asks a lot of questions that most women find irritating . We went to get his glasses and he drove the sales women crazy with his bouncing around going from frame to frame . The lady asks me "how can you deal with this"? I just smiled and said I'm used to it and he's my baby. He's my best friend and honestly I wouldn't want him any other way.. He keeps things interesting:)
Miss.Mommie.
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM
I am 23 and was just recently diagnosed. I have minor troubles with hyperactivity and attention my whoooole life. Plus extreme trouble with impulse control. I became addicted to drugs at 11 and didnt get clean until just before I turned 21. I contracted hep c during my using years and I underwent 6 months of interferon treatments to get rid of it last year. Ever since then my problems with it became much worse. My dr said that interferon aggravates existing conditions and thats prob why im having trouble now. :/ i have a hard time getting help for it since i didnt get a childhood diagnosis. It sucks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Wow, that was rude of her to say. Thanks for haring that though.
Quoting mimi0815:

My husband has ADD. We've been together since we were 17 but I never noticed it until we got older. Sometimes it drives me insane because he can't keep still and stay focused for too long without blanking out. I've learned to talk fast and continuously ask him questions like "are you listening "? And that normally keeps him paying attention. Most women that meet him though are easily annoyed by him . He's the sweetest guy you'll ever want to meet but he just can't keep still and when he gets excited asks a lot of questions that most women find irritating . We went to get his glasses and he drove the sales women crazy with his bouncing around going from frame to frame . The lady asks me "how can you deal with this"? I just smiled and said I'm used to it and he's my baby. He's my best friend and honestly I wouldn't want him any other way.. He keeps things interesting:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Thanks for sharing that. I appreciate it. I'm happy for you and hopefully things get even better for you and the ADD department.

Quoting Miss.Mommie.:

I am 23 and was just recently diagnosed. I have minor troubles with hyperactivity and attention my whoooole life. Plus extreme trouble with impulse control. I became addicted to drugs at 11 and didnt get clean until just before I turned 21. I contracted hep c during my using years and I underwent 6 months of interferon treatments to get rid of it last year. Ever since then my problems with it became much worse. My dr said that interferon aggravates existing conditions and thats prob why im having trouble now. :/ i have a hard time getting help for it since i didnt get a childhood diagnosis. It sucks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN