Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think women who abort their child should have to look at the "clump of tissue" they aborted?

Posted by   + Show Post

What are your thoughts? Do you think they would feel differently about it being a person? Do you think a woman would have another abortion after that?

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

What an asshole question to ask.

mariesmama
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM

why?nurses dont have to

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:00 PM
My uncle molested me from age 6 up until right before i turned 17. my mother never believed me. i started cutting at 16. i left home at 17. just packed up and left. a month later i found out i was pregnant. i had no home. no money. no job. and was sleeping in a friends basement.

i couldnt support a child. and couldnt carry my uncles child.

i had an abortion.

2 weeks later i landed my self in the psych ward after attempting suicide for the first time.

Quoting dudestfd:

Why did you abort, if you don't mind sharing... 

Quoting Anonymous:

That would have just made my mental state worse if i had been forced to see the child i had aborted.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM
What is the earliest ulteasound you have had and have you ever miscarried?

Quoting Anonymous:

Than they can see it IS a baby and not a lump of tissue.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Only if you're forced to take an IQ test and have the results posted online giving us all factual proof of your lack of intelligence.
Sailor_nena
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:01 PM
If they want to. I wouldn't care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
No, but I would support forcing them to sit through an ultrasound first, including listening to the heartbeat if there is one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM
I read a true story of a nurse who saw one done and it was 12 wks and a perfectly formed baby without a head cuz it was ripped off during the "removal " of said tissue

Quoting lilbit53009:

but they wouldn't see what looks like a baby (assuming it's not a late term abortion)...they'd see what looks like a lump of tissue

Quoting Anonymous:

Than they can see it IS a baby and not a lump of tissue.

dudestfd
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I had 11 mc from 5 weeks to 13 weeks. Most did look like little blobs, but they were my blobs ya know? With every one i had I felt less like a woman bc I could not do the one thing only a woman can do. 

Quoting mommieof38829:

I have never had a abortion. But I have had a miscarriage. I was about 5 weeks and I passed it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Having an abortion was one of the best decisions I ever made. I have never regretted it, and seeing a "clump of tissue" would not have made a difference.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)