Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think women who abort their child should have to look at the "clump of tissue" they aborted?

Posted by   + Show Post

What are your thoughts? Do you think they would feel differently about it being a person? Do you think a woman would have another abortion after that?

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Replies (61-70):
whoopsie16
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:06 PM
honestly, no. By that time its to late & maybe they'll feel guilty, and even if they do it wont change anything..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I was home alone when I passed it, dh was at work but I knew what it was. I felt awful like I had done something wrong. I found out on a Friday I was pregnant and the miscarriage started the following Monday. I passed it another week later.

Quoting dudestfd:

I had 11 mc from 5 weeks to 13 weeks. Most did look like little blobs, but they were my blobs ya know? With every one i had I felt less like a woman bc I could not do the one thing only a woman can do. 

Quoting mommieof38829:

I have never had a abortion. But I have had a miscarriage. I was about 5 weeks and I passed it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
overweightmommy
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree that women should know what they are about to abort, not after but before. 

It's not cruel, it's making sure they actually know what they're doing. Good idea for teens, especially. Girls who may not realize exactly what they're doing. 

I would be ok with being shown something if I were about to get an abortion. I'd want to know exactly what I'm doing, not have this idea put in my head that it's a blob and it really already be representing a baby.

To me, it's not about changing people's minds, it's making sure they are aware.

GoddessNDaRuff
1 mom liked this
So because you have emotional issues, women should look at jars of bloody tissue clumps when they abort? I say this as someone who has had losses up to 13 weeks as well.

Quoting dudestfd:

I had 11 mc from 5 weeks to 13 weeks. Most did look like little blobs, but they were my blobs ya know? With every one i had I felt less like a woman bc I could not do the one thing only a woman can do. 

Quoting mommieof38829:

I have never had a abortion. But I have had a miscarriage. I was about 5 weeks and I passed it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't know how that would help because it has already been aborted but maybe they should have to see and sign a picture of an embryo the same gestational age as they are aborting. I think a lot of women would change their mind if they saw how soon they look like babies.

JNLmomme09

why? Why? Why?

dudestfd
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM

How does this question make me unintelligent? It is a question, and much like abortion you do not HAVE to participate in it. 

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

Only if you're forced to take an IQ test and have the results posted online giving us all factual proof of your lack of intelligence.

LvngMmyCampbell
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM

DUMB

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Nope
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I think that not only should they have to watch a ultrasound and then they should see the baby they decided to throw in the trash. Maybe abortion wouldn't be used as birth control.

Yes I know that some women feel it is a must but IMO only rape, incest and to save the mothers life should be the only reason it is allowed. IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)