Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only person who bathes my kid like this??

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM
  • 65 Replies

OK, I saw this earlier and thought it was funny. But it did raise a question. I rarely put soap in my son's bath. Sometimes during the summer (more playing in the dirt), he gets a full soap bath, and he usually gets a tiny bit of shampoo in his hair. However, I just wash (or have him wash) his body with plain water. Soap tends to make his eczema ( I give up! lol) flare up, and it's not that great for toddler skin anyway.

Does anyone else usually just let their kid wash without soap? Is it at least fairly common among parents of kids with dry skin?

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TattedReader
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Um don't know but I know my DDs always get soap..and one has slight eczema, so I use the eczema baby wash
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KGreen75
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM

My 3 year old has really dry skin...I give her a bath every other day because of this, unless she has been playing outside then she will get one no matter what.

When she gets a bath I use sulfate free, sensitive skin body wash and I use my Aveda shampoo and conditioner in her hair.

DerDer528
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:54 PM
I dont do this but if your son has excema act up, you know what is best :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Two of mine wash without soap. My oldest daughter has vitiligo and my son has excema, so I try to use as little stuff on their skin as possible.
themissheather
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I use California Baby soap. I've been considering just water baths.
PhoenixsMommy10
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:56 PM
My kids get bathed every other night.

And we use soap and shampoo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaRae85
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:56 PM

lol This is one thing I love about having a boy. We keep his hair nice and short so all he needs is a touch of shampoo and no conditioner.

It hasn't seemed to matter what kind of soap I use on him. Even just water will cause his skin to dry out some if I don't do lotion afterwards. He gets these awful bloody spots on his shoulder because he scratches so hard!

Quoting KGreen75:

My 3 year old has really dry skin...I give her a bath every other day because of this, unless she has been playing outside then she will get one no matter what.

When she gets a bath I use sulfate free, sensitive skin body wash and I use my Aveda shampoo and conditioner in her hair.

EvaTheDiva29
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:57 PM
2 moms liked this

i add bublles to the bath. close enough, right?

SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I always wash his hair with shampoo and soap and scrub him. But we live in Nicaragua, and the dust here is CRAZY! 

Bauxite-17
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Sometimes...if I feel like hes not that dirty, I'll just take him into the shower with me, and let him play in the water

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured