Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

3 y.o. home alone...

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM
  • 32 Replies

This is how I feel when DH wants to put the t.v. on downstairs while we have sex or w/e upstairs.

I feel like it's almost the equivalent to leaving her home alone. I'm not ok with it. Then he gets pissy because our sex life is scarce and predicable. Well... I'm not going to throw out my parental responsibility for a sex session. 

Idk... do any of you do this? How do you keep your sex life interesting?

I do A LOT for him sexually that I don't enjoy, even sometimes hate doing. I worded that totally wrong; I don't hate having sex with him. It's quite enjoyable. There are a few things I don't enjoy doing.  is what I should've said. I have tried almost everything he has wanted to try. I actually can't think of anything I've shut down. Other than when he "jokingly" mentions a 3-some. Obviously it's something he wants to do. Too damn bad. Should've thought of that before we got married. I don't share, period.

I'm just not sure what we can do to spice up our sex life while still caring properly for DD. I'm not going to ask somebody to wacth DD so we can do it. Lol. I do think we need a designated date night but that will stll make things predictable. 

Starting weight: 217

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy_Natural
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Do it when she naps or is asleep for the night? We have two kids and we have sex very very often lol we make time. Shower together, surprise him, try to make it exciting. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsFlores_2006
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Omg i thunk u are over reacting a bit much, as long as the session is not too long and your kiddo is safe i think its ok. Try doing at night wake up him surprise with some head. Maybe that way he will leave u alone during the day.

Honestly though i love it when my dh just grabs me and take me to sneak away ... like the bathroom or our bedroom or on top of our car in our garage when we take a smoke brake out there...hehehee
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
overweightmommy
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM

That's  what he means by predicable. It's always when she's napping or asleep for the night. Idk how he expects us to responsibly do it any other time unless it's date night or somebody is already watching her. 

I was thinking when we start working this job(same  job, same hours), we could ask his mom to watch her an extra hour as "unwind" time from work or something, but it will still be predictable to him.

I may try the shower thing more often. :)

Quoting Mommy_Natural:

Do it when she naps or is asleep for the night? We have two kids and we have sex very very often lol we make time. Shower together, surprise him, try to make it exciting. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Sounds like an unhealthy relationship anyways. I'd recommend counseling....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

You are obviously trying to find reasons not to have sex with your husband.

I suggest you talk to him about how you hate having sex with him to fix it.

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I have young children and have an active sex life, all while managing to keep them alive and breathing.

Here's a bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM

We use distractions a lot to do it. We stick K in her crib and give A a big bowl of icecream and tell her if she doesnt eat it at the kitchen table, she will never get icecream again. Then we run upstairs and have a quickie and she couldnt care less.

NiCo86
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I would never leave my child to an electronic baby sitter (be it a TV, computer, tablet, etc.). I would feel as if I were abandoning my kid :(

In regards to your sex life ... we keep a schedule and routine with the kids where they are in bed and asleep by 9pm which gives me and daddy "alone" time until we decide to go to bed. We take advantage of that time.

overweightmommy
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM

She already has a habit of getting into the fridge/pantry if I go to the bathroom. She has also opened up the front door a few times because there were other kids ouside. So, I don't trust her for a quick session. 

If DD were more of a sit there and do nothing type of kid, I wouldn't have an issue with giving him head or a quickie. But, she's not like that. She gets bored super easy.

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

Omg i thunk u are over reacting a bit much, as long as the session is not too long and your kiddo is safe i think its ok. Try doing at night wake up him surprise with some head. Maybe that way he will leave u alone during the day.

Honestly though i love it when my dh just grabs me and take me to sneak away ... like the bathroom or our bedroom or on top of our car in our garage when we take a smoke brake out there...hehehee

overweightmommy
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I'm not really sure how our relationship sounds unhealthy... This is a very tiny glimpse into our lives.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like an unhealthy relationship anyways. I'd recommend counseling....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN