Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When a family member buys for one and not the other?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:29 PM
  • 18 Replies
What do you do?

Buy the next day for the one who was left out?
Or just leave it alone?

My first mom of 2 issue!! Lol!
DS got spoiled by my aunt today, DD got nothing even though se was with them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gigis1
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM
If the other feels left out I would buy them something. Otherwise I'd leave it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
4_little_angels
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM
My mom does it all the time. No, I don't go buy the one that got left out a gift. I actually get very upset with my mom.
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:41 PM
I don't make a big deal about it. My kids have plenty of opportunities to receive gifts throughout the year so we don't keep score. They usually share their new treasures with each other anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, it's a good way to show that she won't always get something when he does.  You just have to make sure it goes the other way too.  It'll come in handy for things like birthdays.  

If I were in your situation where the aunt bought one of them stuff and not the other, I would leave it alone.  No, it's not fair, but you can't make your aunt buy her something too.  Then if you buy her something you're showing her that whenever someone doesn't buy for her, you will.  

Now, if it's you buying and you want to make it fair, buy something for them both, lol.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

thecoffeefairy
My kids know the next time will be their turn. It's no biggie.
treaH
If it's toys and such they share them and play together. If it's clothes we leave it alone. They all get gifts at one time or another.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:43 PM
He's a new baby, of course people are going to spoil him.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:43 PM

My family rarely does that on purpose but my younger daughter is less likely to speak up and ask for something she wants and if you ask her if she wants something she will say no while my oldest will ask if she wants something. So when they are all out together Kiara comes in with a buttload of stuff while Amanda comes in with one or 2 things or nothing at all. 

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Yeah.
I feel bad for her. She wa my one and only for almost 5 years! I feel weird when baby boy gets something an she didn't!

Quoting jillbailey26:

Well, it's a good way to show that she won't always get something when he does.  You just have to make sure it goes the other way too.  It'll come in handy for things like birthdays.  

If I were in your situation where the aunt bought one of them stuff and not the other, I would leave it alone.  No, it's not fair, but you can't make your aunt buy her something too.  Then if you buy her something you're showing her that whenever someone doesn't buy for her, you will.  

Now, if it's you buying and you want to make it fair, buy something for them both, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN