Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well that's creepy...

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:00 PM
  • 55 Replies

I posted earlier about being woken (is that even a word?) up at 3:33am for the past two days. 

Well earlier my dog was standing there staring at the wall, he never does this, he mostly just sleeps. I told him to knock it off, so he did. Then just now I went upstairs to pee. My bedroom light was on. That weirded me out because I don't turn lights on during the day. I just open blinds. I know the kids didn't do it because they have been in the basement bedroom since they got home at 2, there is a bathroom down there so I haven't seen hide nor hair of them. 

While I was peeing I heard a slam, which made me jump 5 feet. I walked into my bedroom, from the master bath and saw my bedroom window was closed. I have had it propped open since we moved in, in December (I like being cold). I had it propped up with a can of shaving cream (I know ghetto but I didn't have anything else). The can was sitting on my nightstand. I suppose it could have been pressured out of the window and land on the night stand, standing up, but it's not likely. 

The kids just left to walk their friend home and DH won't be home from work for an hour and a half. I'm wrapped in a blanket on my couch with my dog hoping someone comes home soon.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:09 PM

BUMP!

barneysaid
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Is your house haunted?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Weird.

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:18 PM

We lived here for 4 months and this is the first I noticed it. It's not an old house either, built in 95, and the only owner is my land lord who only moved out because she got married. One other family lived here before us, but got evicted for non -payment. That was about 8 months ago. 

Quoting barneysaid:

Is your house haunted?

Lorik1969
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I'm sure we have ghosts but they don't bother us. Every once in a while my dog will sit in the living room and growl or bark at the kitchen wall. When I'm in bed I see someone going down the hallway, to the point where I've gotten up thinking it was one of the kids. One time my son came running upstairs becasue he was sleeping and his ceiling light turned on. He slept on the couch that night lol! I have tons of other stories but the way I see it is that they don't do anything malicious so I just live with them.
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Your house is haunted. It's a lot more common than people realize.
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Do you have an older house? Ours is 95 and know the owner who had it built very well. No one's ever had issues here. I swear it is me though, I have had freaky stuff follow me around.

Quoting Lorik1969:

I'm sure we have ghosts but they don't bother us. Every once in a while my dog will sit in the living room and growl or bark at the kitchen wall. When I'm in bed I see someone going down the hallway, to the point where I've gotten up thinking it was one of the kids. One time my son came running upstairs becasue he was sleeping and his ceiling light turned on. He slept on the couch that night lol! I have tons of other stories but the way I see it is that they don't do anything malicious so I just live with them.

Sunnybrooke_MA
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:21 PM
That is definitely creepy! Glad you have your dog to keep you company!
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Haunted by what? No one ever died here. The house was built in 95 by my landlord.

Quoting almondpigeon:

Your house is haunted. It's a lot more common than people realize.

barneysaid
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Uhm. Creepy. I hear that dogs can see spirits..don't know how true that is tho... Dang. I would be scared. I see too much of ghost stories on tv & I think I need to stop. Lol

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

We lived here for 4 months and this is the first I noticed it. It's not an old house either, built in 95, and the only owner is my land lord who only moved out because she got married. One other family lived here before us, but got evicted for non -payment. That was about 8 months ago. 

Quoting barneysaid:

Is your house haunted?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured