Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i need some advice quickly

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:22 PM
  • 21 Replies
my 6 y.o. twins have a problem. they pick their noses constantly. i mean constantly!!! i correct them every time i see them doing it. why are they doing this? have any of your kids done it? my oldest 2 never did it. i have tried every thing. and we dont do it so i dont know y they do it. i asked their doc a couple weeks ago and he said they are just doing it cause they are kids. it is real gross and i want them to stop. i have explained how they get germs from it. please help me...please!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:26 PM

my 3 year old does it. then he eats it. so gross, but nothing i say or do will make him stop.

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:27 PM

i would take video of it and show all their friends, or at least threaten them.  they are old enough to understand

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:30 PM

my 5yo does it all the time also. He pulled out a bloody boogie the other day and it freaked him out. he still does it but not nearly as often as he used to. I told him, if he keeps picking, not only will he get bloody boogies but his nose could start bleeding, i think that did the trick lol

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Just make them use a tissue. It's a kid compulsion. 

Nicole1357
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I always offer a tissue..lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Put hotsauce on their fingers. That's what my grandmother did to me. 

NiCo86
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM
2 moms liked this

My 4 year old does this LOL I don't make it a bad thing, I juts simply *remind* him that "we pick our nose in the bathroom and wipe it on toilet paper. Please go to the bathroom to pick your nose." He's pretty compliant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Im 30 and I still do it
bradley102
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM
YES!! They are eating it too!! Gross!!!! i just want them to knock it off!!! ugh!my,oldest twin has his nose infected. i have been having to put antibiotic ointment on it... i ask hin why they do it and they just say they dont know. they even hide from me and do it but it dont matter i know what they are doig!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM
We put a band aid on ds' s finger. It stopped the picking immediately.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)