Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need some advice quickly

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:22 PM
  • 21 Replies
my 6 y.o. twins have a problem. they pick their noses constantly. i mean constantly!!! i correct them every time i see them doing it. why are they doing this? have any of your kids done it? my oldest 2 never did it. i have tried every thing. and we dont do it so i dont know y they do it. i asked their doc a couple weeks ago and he said they are just doing it cause they are kids. it is real gross and i want them to stop. i have explained how they get germs from it. please help me...please!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:26 PM

my 3 year old does it. then he eats it. so gross, but nothing i say or do will make him stop.

AJsMom81507
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:27 PM

i would take video of it and show all their friends, or at least threaten them.  they are old enough to understand

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:30 PM

my 5yo does it all the time also. He pulled out a bloody boogie the other day and it freaked him out. he still does it but not nearly as often as he used to. I told him, if he keeps picking, not only will he get bloody boogies but his nose could start bleeding, i think that did the trick lol

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Just make them use a tissue. It's a kid compulsion. 

Nicole1357
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I always offer a tissue..lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Put hotsauce on their fingers. That's what my grandmother did to me. 

NiCo86
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM
2 moms liked this

My 4 year old does this LOL I don't make it a bad thing, I juts simply *remind* him that "we pick our nose in the bathroom and wipe it on toilet paper. Please go to the bathroom to pick your nose." He's pretty compliant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Im 30 and I still do it
bradley102
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:34 PM
YES!! They are eating it too!! Gross!!!! i just want them to knock it off!!! ugh!my,oldest twin has his nose infected. i have been having to put antibiotic ointment on it... i ask hin why they do it and they just say they dont know. they even hide from me and do it but it dont matter i know what they are doig!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
poshkat
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:35 PM
We put a band aid on ds' s finger. It stopped the picking immediately.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured