Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so this means he has to go on the birth certificate????

Posted by   + Show Post

my df mom says that bc im still legally married my xdh has to go on the birth certificate even though he isnt the father. she said she even asked a lawyer! i think she is nuts but idk why she would make it up. someone please tell me something!!!!

xdh and i have been separated for 2 years. neither of us have the money right now for a divorce we are both expecting babies him at the end of august and me mid september plus we have our 2 we have together to take care of. neither of us mind we have both moved on we are friends with each other and each others so's. so no problems.

anyways is this really true????

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM

No he doesn't have to. You would have to have a paternity test done to prove your DF is the father. But id your XDH goes on the BC he would be legally responsible for child support and I gaurantee you, he isn't going to go for that.

boshs1andonly
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:12 PM
In some states yes. My friend had to put her dh as the father because they were legally married although he couldn't be the father.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
Nope. Just tell them who the dad is. In most states if your not married to the bio dad he will have to sing and say he's the dad. Its not a big deal as long as bio dad will sing.
Anonymous
In most states legally he's the father but I would fill it out with the biological father and go from there.
Anonymous

In many states, yes

ADPIAKCMAMI
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:13 PM
It depends on which state ur in....my sister had to no matter what!!!! Check into it....
katiegirl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:13 PM
It's true in Michigan. My friends boyfriend was separated from his soon to be ex wife when she got pregnant, they had to put him on the birth certificate since they were legally married, they did get back together for a bit but are in the process of divorcing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Look it up for you state . But I think you will be ok putting the BIO father on the BC . By the way you can file for divorce with out a lawyer . Most counties have legal aid help that help you with the paper work for free & you only pay the filing fee cost . Which are only like 200$ depending on the county/state.
Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:14 PM

depends where you live

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:16 PM
It doesn't cost much to get a divorce if you file yourself. You have to make sure that you and your ex agree on things first, but if you have been separated that long, then you probably figured out the division of assets already.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured