Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know this toddler?

Posted by   + Show Post

http://simpsonville.patch.com/articles/toddler-left-on-anderson-family-s-front-porch

I know some of you ladies are concerned about clicking on links on here, but its just the story of a baby someone dumped on a porch. I don't know how to make it clicky, sorry.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
areyouatroll
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:25 PM
While I don't agree with leaving a toddler on a porch, why pursue the child's caregivers? That gives them a chance to get her back.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I agree with you, but at least they didn't throw her into a dumpster or something.

Quoting Jade_Lufercus:

This is just ridiculous. There are Safe Houses to take your kids if you don't want them anymore, no questions asked. This little girl might have gone through having heart surgery? Just, ugh.

Jade_Lufercus
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Very true. 

Quoting thePBandJmom:

I agree with you, but at least they didn't throw her into a dumpster or something.

Quoting Jade_Lufercus:

This is just ridiculous. There are Safe Houses to take your kids if you don't want them anymore, no questions asked. This little girl might have gone through having heart surgery? Just, ugh.

thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:05 PM

So they can find out who she is and obtain her medical record. And so the parents can be brought to face the charges. I highly doubt they will get her back.

Quoting areyouatroll:

While I don't agree with leaving a toddler on a porch, why pursue the child's caregivers? That gives them a chance to get her back.

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I pray her mama is ok. It bugs me that everyone jumps to bad mom and doesn't think that maybe something happened to her mommy and the person dumped the baby.

mamahernandez3
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:11 PM
This breaks my heart!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

I pray her mama is ok. It bugs me that everyone jumps to bad mom and doesn't think that maybe something happened to her mommy and the person dumped the baby.

Yep.... many years ago my DH had an instructor in the AF whose son (I think he was right around the same age as DS at the time, so right around 2) was found playing naked outside. Turns out he was home alone because his father had just abducted and murdered his mother. Aparently some of the guys in DH's unit were talking shit about her until her body was found a few days later.

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:36 PM

We don't know that a parent or parents were involved in abandoning her.

Quoting thePBandJmom:

So they can find out who she is and obtain her medical record. And so the parents can be brought to face the charges. I highly doubt they will get her back.

Quoting areyouatroll:

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Thats so sad. Everyone always assumes the mom just left her baby while I know it happens I am sure more often than not mama didn't have a choice.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting reaandiziesmama:

Yep.... many years ago my DH had an instructor in the AF whose son (I think he was right around the same age as DS at the time, so right around 2) was found playing naked outside. Turns out he was home alone because his father had just abducted and murdered his mother. Aparently some of the guys in DH's unit were talking shit about her until her body was found a few days later.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)