Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you know this toddler?

Posted by   + Show Post

http://simpsonville.patch.com/articles/toddler-left-on-anderson-family-s-front-porch

I know some of you ladies are concerned about clicking on links on here, but its just the story of a baby someone dumped on a porch. I don't know how to make it clicky, sorry.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Quoting areyouatroll:

While I don't agree with leaving a toddler on a porch, why pursue the child's caregivers? That gives them a chance to get her back.

So if someone kidnapped the child, or if the caregiver was somehow incapacitate or any other very plausible reasons why a caregiver isn't responsible, you think that they still don't deserve to be reunited with her?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:39 PM
That is just SO AWFUL!! That poor sweet baby was obviously crying! Why didn't they wipe off the poor baby's face? Oh how I wish I could take her home and love her like she deserves!

Quoting gwebkeijmmm:

Please keep sharing this story. Unfortunately, at this time we have not been able to identify her, but our investigators are working hard to find out more about her. Social media is a great vehicle for sharing information and we appreciate the assistance in sharing this story throughout the facebook community. If you have information about her please contact the Andersons County Sheriff’s Office in South Carolina at 864-260-4400 or Crime Stoppers at 888-CRIMESC (274-6372).

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

***Unidentified Toddler Found***

Anderson, SC (Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 12:15 p.m.) Anderson Sheriff’s Investigators are attempting to identify a toddler left in a stroller on the front porch of a local residence last night.

At approximately 11:30 p.m. on April 2, the doorbell rang at 417 Brook Forest Drive in Anderson. The residents answered the door and found a 2 to 3 year-old black female toddler in a stroller on his front porch. The residents did not know or recognize the child. No one else was around.

They immediately called 911 and a deputy with the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office responded. When the deputy arrived he discovered a diaper with the hand written message, “Call DCAF Please,” on it. An investigator was called, along with a representative with the Department of Social Services.

The child was taken into Emergency Protective Custody by law enforcement and transported to AnMed Health where she was examined, found to be in good condition and released. The medical staff observed a scar on the right side of her neck and the center of her chest that was consistent with heart surgery.

The child’s hair was braided and both ears were pierced with diamond stud earrings. She was clad in a white shirt with yellow sleeves (size 24 months) that bears the lettering “Auntie Loves Me” on the front, grey pants with a floral design and a pink jacket. She was also wearing a pink stocking cap and brown boots. Both the cap and boots had the picture of Dora the Explorer on them.

Investigators are working with adjoining state agencies and The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to identify the child and the child’s family. The toddler is currently with a foster family.

If anyone has information, please contact the Andersons County Sheriff’s Office at 864-260-4400 or Crime Stoppers at 888-CRIMESC (274-6372).

*****END*****

tigerlily86
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:39 PM
That broke my heart. :_(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:40 PM
So sad. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I would imagine she didn't think of that, only of the parents dropping her at that front porch. Honestly, I thought the same but you have a very valid point.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting areyouatroll:

While I don't agree with leaving a toddler on a porch, why pursue the child's caregivers? That gives them a chance to get her back.

So if someone kidnapped the child, or if the caregiver was somehow incapacitate or any other very plausible reasons why a caregiver isn't responsible, you think that they still don't deserve to be reunited with her?

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Sadly most safe haven laws only cover newborns. Poor little girl.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Oh my gosh. Poor little baby.

Siare
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Sad.

SageAdvice
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Toddler Left On Anderson Family's Front Porch

Anderson County deputies said the unidentified girl was dropped off about 11:30 p.m. at a home on Brooke Forest Drive in Anderson.

‹ Back to Article
Embed | Share     
Anderson County Sheriff's Office
Photos (2)

Photos

Credit Anderson County Sheriff's Office
http://simpsonville.patch.com/articles/toddler-left-on-anderson-family-s-front-porch/media_attachments/edit?upload_started=1365101775
asset[new_asset_attachment_attributes][to_id]
asset[new_asset_attachment_attributes][to_type]
Article
article[new_asset_attachment_attributes][user_id]
new_asset_attachment_attributes

An Anderson family got a surprise when they opened their front door to find a toddler.

Anderson County deputies said the unidentified girl was dropped off about 11:30 p.m. at a home on Brooke Forest Drive in Anderson, according to Anderson County Sheriff's Department's Facebook page.

The resident called 911 and when a deputy arrived he discovered a handwritten message on a diaper, "Call DCAF Please."

The child was taken into Emergency Protective Custody by law enforcement and transported to AnMed Health where she was examined, found to be in good condition and released. The medical staff observed a scar on the right side of her neck and the center of her chest that was consistent with heart surgery, deputies said.

Deputies said the child's hair was braided and both ears were pierced with diamond stud earrings. She was wearing a white shirt with yellow sleeves (size 24 months) that said, "Auntie Loves Me" on the front, grey pants with a floral design and a pink jacket. She also was wearing a pink stocking cap and brown boots. Both the cap and boots had the picture of Dora the Explorer on them.

The child has been placed in protective custody.

Anyone who can identify the girl is asked to call the sheriff's office at 864-260-4400 or Crime Stoppers at 888-CRIME-SC.