Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know this toddler?

Posted by   + Show Post

http://simpsonville.patch.com/articles/toddler-left-on-anderson-family-s-front-porch

I know some of you ladies are concerned about clicking on links on here, but its just the story of a baby someone dumped on a porch. I don't know how to make it clicky, sorry.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:57 PM
That's awful! Poor, poor baby and his mother!

Quoting sha_lyn68:

I posted on pg2 about what happened to an instructor DH had in the Air Force. Unfortunately mom wasn't alive to be reunited with her son that was found "abandoned"  playing naked outside by neighbors. There was a lot of BS talk about the mother between the time her son was found and when her body was found.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would imagine she didn't think of that, only of the parents dropping her at that front porch. Honestly, I thought the same but you have a very valid point.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting areyouatroll:

While I don't agree with leaving a toddler on a porch, why pursue the child's caregivers? That gives them a chance to get her back.

So if someone kidnapped the child, or if the caregiver was somehow incapacitate or any other very plausible reasons why a caregiver isn't responsible, you think that they still don't deserve to be reunited with her?

CamMa
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:01 AM
This makes me sad...:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM
The op says someone dumped a baby on the porch.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting areyouatroll:

While I don't agree with leaving a toddler on a porch, why pursue the child's caregivers? That gives them a chance to get her back.

So if someone kidnapped the child, or if the caregiver was somehow incapacitate or any other very plausible reasons why a caregiver isn't responsible, you think that they still don't deserve to be reunited with her?

areyouatroll
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:06 AM
People do terrible things to their children and then get them back, all the time.

Quoting thePBandJmom:

So they can find out who she is and obtain her medical record. And so the parents can be brought to face the charges. I highly doubt they will get her back.

Quoting areyouatroll:

leakymommy
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Poor baby girl! Praying for her.
Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:15 AM
That poor baby girl :( I cant even imagen whats going through her head. Breaks my heart
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Someone doesn't have to be the parents or other caregivers.

Quoting areyouatroll:

The op says someone dumped a baby on the porch.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting areyouatroll:

4_little_angels
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Bump
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:33 AM

This is my general area. It's been all over the local news.

They do not think the child is local. Part of the reason for the massive hunt for the child's parents are so they know exactly what they dealing with (medically) and, I would assume, to make sure the child hasn't any relatives (who may not know what happened).

If she has no relatives, there is no shortage of people in the area who would love to give the child a permanent family.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

According to the local news, the child was too old to be dropped at a Safe House/Spot, legally. A parent wishing to turn over a child past the age allowed (I think it's like 6 months or something? Not entirely sure), has no resources but abandonment, without being brought up on charges. Frankly, the law as written sucks.

Quoting thePBandJmom:

I agree with you, but at least they didn't throw her into a dumpster or something.

Quoting Jade_Lufercus:

This is just ridiculous. There are Safe Houses to take your kids if you don't want them anymore, no questions asked. This little girl might have gone through having heart surgery? Just, ugh.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured