Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I knowingly poison my kids...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you feed your kids junk food?

Options:

Yes

Sometimes

Never

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1022

View Results

So I have been doing all kinds of research on processed food and the terrible additives in them. For example, Kraft Mac and Cheese uses additives linked to hyperactivity and other crazy health problems, but tonight I fed my kids processed pizza because I was too tired to cook.

I FEEL so guilty for not making sure my kids are eating organic, healthy, non-processed choices all the time, but working full-time and being the only parent at home quite often I don't have the time and energy.

Do you knowingly feed your kids crap that is bad for them?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Replies (321-330):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Really, I always thought of Mexico as a very crime ridden poverty struck country. Not meaning to offend just wondering what's really like there. Do you feel safe?   

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

No i am not mexican but my husband is.

we moved here for inmigración reasons.

I love living in México!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

I used to but now that we have moved to México almost everything is fresh from the market.

Stupid question, but are you Mexican? If not, why did you move there and how is it working out for you?

(We randomly considered this option once upon a time so I'm curious.)

inspain
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM

No Kraft Mac and Cheese.  Too much salt and sugar and I make mac and cheese that DD likes better.  

DD likes the hash browns at McDonald's so, once a week, we go through the drive through and I let her get two or three of them and she inhales them on the ride to her Mandarin lesson.  

Other than that, I allow potato chips and pretzles.  

It's easy to keep her away from junk food where we live.  Back in the States it's a bit harder.  She LOVES Dunkin' Donuts so, when we're in the States, about once a year, we let her eat her fill of it.  

Lovebugbaby
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:47 PM

My opinion is, it didn't kill me.

its not like I open her mouth and our in grease and fat. We having fresh fruits for breakfast, salad for lunch, stuff like that. But I do give her McDonald's or lunchables. I personally think its all about moderation. BUT that works for us, not everyone's the same

SillyDayze
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Yeah! I have a family of 7 and that is a a favorite. I make mine with mixed veggies. Tater Tot Casserole rocks, thank you very much!

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

What's wrong with tater tot casserole?

Quoting NorthStar09:

We save processed junk for snacks. Meals are 90% from scratch and made of whole, healthy ingredients.

You may judge me for the bag of cheetohs in the pantry, but you'll never find us sitting down to a Hamburger Helper meal or a tater tot casserole.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ms.Pink.
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Really, what's wrong with meat, soup, cheese, tots and seasoning? I use ground turkey instead of beef. It's better than hamburger helper IMO. Not the 100% healthiest meal out there, butb it's not horrible.

Quoting SillyDayze:

Yeah! I have a family of 7 and that is a a favorite. I make mine with mixed veggies. Tater Tot Casserole rocks, thank you very much!

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

What's wrong with tater tot casserole?

Quoting NorthStar09:

We save processed junk for snacks. Meals are 90% from scratch and made of whole, healthy ingredients.

You may judge me for the bag of cheetohs in the pantry, but you'll never find us sitting down to a Hamburger Helper meal or a tater tot casserole.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:11 PM
You won't feel 'deprived' if you do it moderation too.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Everything in moderation. Eating junk once in a while isn't going to cause crazy health problems.

coreilly89
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Did you know Monsanto is one of the leading producers of agricultural induced active cancer? 

Did you know that there was just a law passed to protect them from being labeled on anything produced by them?

There's a reason why opinions are considered fallacies. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I do if it was that bad they wouldnt sell It. My opinion

Mama_Dolly
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:22 PM

we dont go out of our way to buy organic... if it happends to be the only thing left/or on sale ill get it. so majority of the food we have is not organic. we stil buy fresh or frozen fruits or veggies. and some "processed crap"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:42 PM

No, i make a solid strong hard core effort to feed my children well, despite how tired/exhausted/sick/financially strapped I am. 

texasmommy125
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM

If I had the cash, everything would be fresh and organic.  But I try to limit the crap they eat, and I actually enjoy the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (powdered, not cream).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)