Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I knowingly poison my kids...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you feed your kids junk food?

Options:

Yes

Sometimes

Never

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1022

View Results

So I have been doing all kinds of research on processed food and the terrible additives in them. For example, Kraft Mac and Cheese uses additives linked to hyperactivity and other crazy health problems, but tonight I fed my kids processed pizza because I was too tired to cook.

I FEEL so guilty for not making sure my kids are eating organic, healthy, non-processed choices all the time, but working full-time and being the only parent at home quite often I don't have the time and energy.

Do you knowingly feed your kids crap that is bad for them?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Replies (331-340):
N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:42 PM
I try to avoid processed food most of the time but they can have treats. Mine are on a gluten free diet, so that itself limits a lot of processed food. They eat the uncured hotdogs, have French fries, etc. if I get them ice cream, I get the kind with simple ingredients, for example.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof35219
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:01 PM

If your worried about it grow a garden..that way you dont have to worry about poisoning your kids or not..big smile mini

DebnDrew
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:27 PM

do I FEED it to them?......no, but do I allow them to make poor choices sometimes......yup.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 54 on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't believe, can't afford and don't purchase organic food. I just don't- I feed them what I can afford to feed them and budget every single dime. The junk food is minimal and the rest is healthy(ish) but I can't justify spending SO much on organic food, I didn't grow up eating organic and I am perfectly healthy. 

Marti123
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:38 PM
we garden, but as a full-time WOHM like the OP, it hardly solves the burden of lack of time, it only adds way more to my to-do list.

Quoting momof35219:

If your worried about it grow a garden..that way you dont have to worry about poisoning your kids or not..big smile mini

SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I said sometimes but it's RARE.  Even when we eat Mac 'n' Cheese it's organic.  Sometimes we order pizza from a chain like Papa John's or we get fast food, but very, very rarely.  Right now they're working on Easter candy (one piece of small candy after dinner) and I hate it, but I would also hate being an awful mommy for not allowing a little indulgance every now and then!

KJH78
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Can you share the type of meals you prepare, cost, etc? Would love some ideas!

Quoting MorganTho:

At least 80% healthy whole and organic (if available). Sometimes my Dd does get Mac n cheese, fries, or a small handful of M&Ms

TigressLily
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:15 PM

They sell cigarettes & alcohol.............

Quoting Anonymous:

I do if it was that bad they wouldnt sell It. My opinion

raschwittay
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I make most of my meals homemade. Like tonight we had mashed potatoes, gravy, black beans, and broccoli. I know, I know, its a side dish dinner, but I know my kids will eat all of it.

Elsa03
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I cook a lot so we don't eat out sometimes we have pizza or chicken on a Saturday day night maybe twice a month mainly for a sleep over. I don't make to much to even buy fast food and we get sick or feel tired if we eat out. We prefer homemade foods which I enjoy making for me and my kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)