Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I knowingly poison my kids...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you feed your kids junk food?

Options:

Yes

Sometimes

Never

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1022

View Results

So I have been doing all kinds of research on processed food and the terrible additives in them. For example, Kraft Mac and Cheese uses additives linked to hyperactivity and other crazy health problems, but tonight I fed my kids processed pizza because I was too tired to cook.

I FEEL so guilty for not making sure my kids are eating organic, healthy, non-processed choices all the time, but working full-time and being the only parent at home quite often I don't have the time and energy.

Do you knowingly feed your kids crap that is bad for them?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Replies (341-350):
averysmommom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Seriously? Who doesn't give their kids crap every now n then? If they eat school lunch they eat crap

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Today is very fast paced for families. Personally, I think, a woman's place should be in the home with her children. (Especially the first five years of their lives). Or if you must go out to work, as in single parents, or a two parent household,, Then I think the parents should work together, and one be home, while the other works, so that there is at least some consistency in the child's upbringing, and one parent is better than none. As far as meals go, why can't you make a whole bunch of meals from scratch (on your day off or something) and freeze them. I'm a stay at home mother/grandma, and I used to be into convenience, once I got used to living here in America. Well, we have a fixed income now, so I've gone back to the basics. So we buy roasts, whole chickens, turkeys etc etc. Cook them up, the seperate them into several meals and freeze them. I cook, at least three days a week, sometimes more, but at least its our own homestyle cooked food. It works well. Try it.

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:49 PM

this

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Everything in moderation. Eating junk once in a while isn't going to cause crazy health problems.

momof35219
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I agree. Its hard enough to be able to eat organic when its more expensive than the regular stuff. I feel if my kids are getting their fruits and veggies and are not over eating the "non-healthy foods they will be fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't believe, can't afford and don't purchase organic food. I just don't- I feed them what I can afford to feed them and budget every single dime. The junk food is minimal and the rest is healthy(ish) but I can't justify spending SO much on organic food, I didn't grow up eating organic and I am perfectly healthy. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JAddgc
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:01 PM

we have also just started researching this stuff and it's truly scary and I feel aweful, they just had spaghetti o's tonight...I was just talking to my husband about this tonight....

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Yeah I do sometimes. 

They don't get it all the time, but it's not "forbidden" either.  One day they're going to be responsible for their own eating habits, and I'd rather have them not go CRAZY on something they were never able to have.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

bellasmommy1988
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:38 PM

My daughter is allergic to peanuts so I am alittle thankful for that because that means she cant eat certin candies, cookies or icecream but yes she does get sweets but they are organic. We love our mac and cheese but after hearing about the link to hyperactivity i might look for something else. Other then that she eats healthy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Who the fuck cares?

kdloves.
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I grew up eating kraft mac & cheese, happy meals, ect & I SURVIVED! Don't be so hard on yourself. Geeeeeeez.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Sometimes I give DS a taste of a yummy treat I'm having. He mainly gets fruits and veggies though.

photo adfa9939-46c5-4b0d-932a-04a6c9a3d88c_zps25821587.jpg
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)