Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I knowingly poison my kids...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you feed your kids junk food?

Options:

Yes

Sometimes

Never

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1022

View Results

So I have been doing all kinds of research on processed food and the terrible additives in them. For example, Kraft Mac and Cheese uses additives linked to hyperactivity and other crazy health problems, but tonight I fed my kids processed pizza because I was too tired to cook.

I FEEL so guilty for not making sure my kids are eating organic, healthy, non-processed choices all the time, but working full-time and being the only parent at home quite often I don't have the time and energy.

Do you knowingly feed your kids crap that is bad for them?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Replies (351-360):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Can you please explain to me the difference between organic fruits veggies and regular besides the price??

Quoting svolkov:

Most of them on a delayed schedule

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you vaccinate?

Quoting svolkov:

No... I allow rare "treats" like twizzlers or sonic but id say 99% of what goes into their bodies is natural and/or organic whole foods. Its only time consuming/daunting at first OP start little and work your way up. Look for natural versions(think amys mac n cheese and fruit snacks /crackers made with natural food coloring. The United States is horribly lax on what they allow in our food. Most other countries(like all of europe lol) dont allow it so the manufactures develop thr same products only without all the artificial crap. Look up clean 15 and dirty dozen for produce...if it has/had a mom buy organic.

LADYxGHOST
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Well when I was growing up, I would go days without food (up 2 about 2 weeks). Kids growing up in the depression area didn't eat too well either, and back in the old times balanced diests didn't exsit. Meat was loaded with salt to cure it so it would last longer. Wter was cantaminated with whatever and no one sanatized anything. There was a time about 50-60 years ago that everyone drnak radiated water and used radiation as a form of hair removal.

There has always been crap being put in our bodies. Somehow they survived and where able to have children who had shildren etc.

If my kids eat crap now and again. if they do not eat organic or home grown or fresh, sure it may not be the best, but given out life expentancy is the highest in centurys, I am not going to worry to much. balanced diets are a new thing and even the food chart has changed since I was a kid. So obviously science hasn't figured it out yet. My kids eat overall healthy food and as much fresh fruits and veggies as possible. At least they eat everyday, more than i got to do.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Pesticides, chemicals, gmo . Id rather not feed my kids arsenic apples lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you please explain to me the difference between organic fruits veggies and regular besides the price??

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you vaccinate?

Quoting svolkov:

No... I allow rare "treats" like twizzlers or sonic but id say 99% of what goes into their bodies is natural and/or organic whole foods. Its only time consuming/daunting at first OP start little and work your way up. Look for natural versions(think amys mac n cheese and fruit snacks /crackers made with natural food coloring. The United States is horribly lax on what they allow in our food. Most other countries(like all of europe lol) dont allow it so the manufactures develop thr same products only without all the artificial crap. Look up clean 15 and dirty dozen for produce...if it has/had a mom buy organic.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Can you link me a site or something where I can educate myself on this??

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you vaccinate?

Quoting svolkov:

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Www.google.com
Lol sorry im mobile!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you vaccinate?

Quoting svolkov:

VarelaClan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Most of our food at home is from scratch, but we do eat out 1-2 times a week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:57 AM
Lame

Quoting svolkov:

Www.google.com

Lol sorry im mobile!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you vaccinate?

Quoting svolkov:

mindie07
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:58 AM
cry me a river.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Well what do u expect?? U want me to look it up for you? Its not like I keep random stuff that ive known for the last 8 yrs around. I googled it then.
Just put in what u asked.
Look up c lean 15 and dirty dozen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lame

Quoting svolkov:

Www.google.com

Lol sorry im mobile!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting svolkov:

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you vaccinate?

Quoting svolkov:

disneyrose
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Ok we have homemade mac n cheese, made in the crock pot, it takes a bit longer with a little bit less work and tastes 100% better.  I myself have an older daughter who is 24, she is very aware of these things, way more then me, I have a 4 year old, she loves her little brother and she is slowly getting me to be organic.  I say there is a few things I can't give up 1st) I love Jiff peanut butter, so that is no going away 2) love my cereals, but  they have lots of stuff in there that is not healthy for anyone.

So far I have gone to Organic Milk, Cage Free veggie fed eggs, organic meats.  As a full time working mom, I know it is hard, have you ever thought about cooking in slow cookers?  Put the stuff together in the morning (or the night before leave in the fridge until morning) and when you get home, dinner is done, dinner is healthy and the kitchen smells great!  Easy clean up too!

Oh but the one bad thing I do, this is very bad, but my little guy use to have Hostess for breakfast, since they are no longer around he has Reese's Peanut Butter cups!  Crazy I know, he does eat breakfast at daycare, my older kids always had a healthy breakfast, but I was a stay at home mom with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)