Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do about all these cats???

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM
  • 86 Replies

A couple of months ago, this black and white cat showed up and started hanging out in my yard. Now, I like cats, but I dont own any, I dont have any pets for that matter and I like it that way. Anyhoo this cat is uuuuuuugly, and I would tell him/ her so whenever I saw it. So here I am thinking its the same damn ugly cat everyday, but NO. Today I go out there and there are 2 of them! Sunning themselves on my picnic table! So then I look and there are 3 MORE cats in the bushes, 2 more black and white ones (but they dont look like the ugly twins) and a calico. WTF I called animal control, but they wont do anything unless they become a nuisance?? I KNOW at least one of them is in heat because all nght long I hear this awful rrrrrrwwwwoooooooorrr..... I can just see a million feral kittens in my yard in the near future. Any ideas on how to get rid of these horny bastards???

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:52 PM

get them spayed and neutered

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Get a dog?

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:54 PM

cat repellent?

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:54 PM
They do move in herds...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymelissa76
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Yeah, if I could afford to get all these animals spayed and neutered, I would have my own, but they are not mine!

Quoting thetrollcat:

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Call the local humane society and see if they have a spay/nueter program for ferals. Some places do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:57 PM
BB gun
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Wait a minute...stray cats are all over your yard and animal control doesn't consider that a nuisance? 

I love kitties, but I would consider that very much a nuisance.  I would assume they're pooping and marking your stuff...I'd give ac a call back and maybe ask to speak someone higher up the pay scale. No one should have to put up with that.

Fields456
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Maybe they will move on. 2 summers ago when we only had 3 cats, we came out and there were like 5 then the next day 6 and so on until we had like 10 cats just chillin in our yard about 2 weeks later they all went home. And none of my cats were in heat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:58 PM

someone already said this but try homeless or shelter for pets see if they can help give you some direction

Quoting mommymelissa76:

Yeah, if I could afford to get all these animals spayed and neutered, I would have my own, but they are not mine!

Quoting thetrollcat:

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

It's wrong to be a bully with one exception. It's ok to bully those you THINK are a bully.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN