Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Marriage, including Gay Marriage

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:52 AM
  • 19 Replies

If you are against gay marriage.... are you married?

If you are not married, are you against gay marriage?

If you are not married because you choose not to be {if you have a s/o of however many years that you view as your husband but you just don't want to go through all the legal/Church marriage stuff}, why are you against gay marriage?

My pastor brought this point up at our last Bible study and it's had me thinking. Those that are against gay marriage are a lot of the same ones I am sure that aren't for marrying period {doesn't mean they're against it, they just choose not to do so}. If you're not fighting for the legal bond for yourself, why do you say that gay people can't get married? It's like, the ones who aren't trying to get married, the gay people are saying "We want to get married!"

The divorce rate is higher than ever... either we get married too soon to the wrong person and get divorced, or something bad happens and we get divorced instead of trying to fix it {or it can't be fixed for whatever reason}, or we just simply choose to not get married. But those same people fight AGAINST gay marriage. Why?

PS. I am happily married, and I am against gay marriage, but I do not cast in my vote the "legal" way, I just keep it to myself and pray they will come to a realization on their own. There's nothing I can physically do about it, so I don't. However.... I would like the above questions/statements thought about and answered if you ladies wouldn't mind, I am curious what others think about this topic.

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:01 AM

I am a happily married Catholic and I support gay marriage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:50 AM
I'm married and anti gay marriage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Do you believe in abortion too?

Quoting 4kids4tara:

I am a happily married Catholic and I support gay marriage.

Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:56 AM
I am married and pro gay marriage.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bonnie555
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:59 AM

married,  lapsed catholic, and pro gay marriage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:02 AM

I'm married and I support gay marriage.

My aunts(biological aunt and her partner), have been together 21 yrs today! I look forward to the day I can be at their wedding.

I'm curious, what do you mean about praying for them to come to a realization? Are you referring to gay/lesbian couples, or those of us who support gay marriage, and come to what realization? Not bashing, I'm tired and that part doesn't make sense to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:03 AM

I am married and I do not support gay marriage.

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:04 AM

I am married. I am not against gay marriage. I am not an activist or anything, but I support it and think they should be able to get married just like anyone else if they choose to. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:14 AM
1 mom liked this
If they want to be happy just let them be happy is my thought process on the whole deal. There's crime rates, murders, and the sex trafficking of children that takes place in the country every day and everyone is more concerned about Tom wanting to marry Harry or Sally wanting to marry Janie: I say there is more important, ILLEGAL, things to worry about than people that want to be LEGALLY wed.
LadyGrey2514
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:14 AM
I'm not married, I'm engaged. And I don't care who marries who.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)