Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's kind of sad (religion)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
That there are so many people that bash God and religion and the first place they run is to the church when they need help with food or bills. I had a friend who ALWAYS bashed the church but when she needed rent money and food, she went begging the church. They set her up pretty nice. They gave her tons of food and helped pay the rent. That was about 6 months ago and now she's bad to bashing religion. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:03 AM
That is sad. I don't bash religion, but I know it isn't for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:07 AM

I don't bash them, I also don't run to them for help the few times we've needed the help. sad that there are people like this though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:09 AM

i know someone like that...whenever her life is bad, she blames God...when it's going good, she thanks God

LadyGrey2514
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Same here.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

That is sad. I don't bash religion, but I know it isn't for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, that's what the churches should be there for. To help the community when they are in need. Jesus helped many people before they were believers, because of the things He did, they believed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Our church sees a lot of bashing.  I belong to a fairly liberal Christian church in the Bible Belt.  We are the only organization that provides food for the hungry in our county - we provide hot meals and have a food pantry open to all.  Believe me, many people come as we are also a fairly poor county.  Yet I hear bashing and read messages on FB about our church not really being Christian.  The other ministers in our community will not even allow our minister to be a part of the Ministerial Association yet they send their needy parishioners our way.

You know what, that's fine.  We do what we do because we feel it is the right thing to do for our community and frankly gives us great joy to be able to help in any way we can.  We are not trying to change the hearts and minds of the people we serve, just trying to ensure that they are not hungry.

Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Well, they royally screwed me up for years, I figure they kind of owe me.

I have never used them for that, but I wouldn't feel bad if I did.

romalove
by SakePrincess on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:17 AM

I don't know any people like that.

Oceana09
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:17 AM
My ex husband was the same way. He was raised Mormon and he talked so much shit about the religion and the church it was ridiculous. But as soon as we split up I was left to fend for myself and try and figure out how I was going to pay the bills and he ran back to the Mormon church who set him up with a place to live and a bunch if other stuff. It was kind of pathetic if you ask me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:20 AM

I can't stand the church or religion but I would politely remind the hypocrite who pulled her ass out that hole.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN