Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is your husband making you fat?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 244 Replies
2 moms liked this

I would weigh about 10 pounds less if I constantly wasn't up against my husband's poor eating habits. It is a constant battle.

I can't have things like sweets and icecream in the house. If it's there, I will indulge. Not gorge, but indulge. He has a terrible sweet tooth and is constantly, against my wishes, bringing home cakes, pies and ice cream.

I don't buy fast food. He will bring that in the house occasionally, too, after he has also kindly purchased a meal for me.

He orders pizzas.

When I am planning on making something like fish for dinner, he will suggest we go out to eat, then he'll drive to the wing place.

He is an unhealthy eater and I can't help but to be affected by it. Worse, I think the way he eats makes him a prime candidate for a heart attack.

Does anyone else share this difficulty?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AshlynnJadesMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:26 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSS
kidlover2
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:27 AM
5 moms liked this
Kind of.... But my weight issues stem from the fact he is such a fantastic cook and he makes me happy. :) I don't eat when I am stressed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:28 AM
3 moms liked this
Nope. We both gained weight while i was pregnant and after ds was born but now we use each other as support to lose weight and get healthier together. He helps me make better choices and as of right now I've lost 40lbs and he's lost 30. If I didn't have him, I'd probably be huge lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this
no. i'm making me fat, became complacent.
danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM

No. My husband is a health nut.

I am the chunky one in the relationship. LOL

He is in great shape, works out all the time, doesn't over eat.

C12H22O11addict
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM
8 moms liked this
No, it's ultimately my decision to consume what i consume and I have no one to blame but me for the low level of physical activity I make time for in my life.
He's just a willing enabler lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:29 AM
12 moms liked this
So, self control is the issue.
hp2011
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm totally there with you. He has high blood pressure and even still eats junk. I try so hard to have self control, sometimes it doesn't work though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM
No my husband eats healthier than I do. I have a horrible sweet tooth and he rarely eats anything sweet. But I do cook healthy meals everyday. We do occasionally eat fast food.
Cassie2115
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I did have that problem...until my hubby gained 30 lbs after quitting smoking. Now he says he wants to stop eating processed foods so he can lose that 30 lbs. So now we are eating healthy and as the sweets and junk get eaten up, they are not going to be replaced with more, just fruits and veggies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)