Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

all that over the way she looks?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
6 moms liked this

so i took my dd(15) out to lunch yesterday, its this cute little diner that my dd has been dieing to go into because of a comic book called tokyo mew mew.anyway so we go in there and the host seats us,and my dd is all excited because the outfits look similar(just not as puffy) to the comic books, and then i listen to the people around us to see what they have to say about this place (since i couldnt find reviews about it online i wanted to listen to other people and see if they are talking about the food or something) i heard nothing about the food and only about the waitresss for our section, then our waitress walks up takes our drink order and i honestly thought she looked adorable, this cute little pregnant girl in a uniform nothing more. someone leaned over from another table and says to me "i cant believe someone would hire someone like that!" i just say back "i see nothing wrong with her, she looks adorable to me".

as we're waiting my dd pulls out her folder with a tokyo mew mew picture on it, then the waitress comes back smiles when she sees my dd's folder and places our drinks on the table. she pulls out her little book to write our order down and my dd goes nuts "omg you have the mew mew pendants!" the waitress smiles at her and pulls all of the pendents off her book and gives them to my dd, my dd wide eyes said "thank you" the waitress takes our order and walks away. someone from another table leans over and says "shes just trying to butter you up because none of us are giving her a tip" i look at her and say "why arent you giving her a tip? iv seen her be nothing but nice to everyone and the service is next to perfect" she says "because look at her she cant be any good for this place, and it takes away from the atmosphere" my dd looks at the lady and says "she looks like a character from a manga, thats what this place is based on, if you dont like it dont come here anymore. i love her purple and red hair, plus she has a lotus tattoo on her shoulder like the punker NANA" the lady at the other table has this scowl on her face and turns back to her table.

the waitress comes back to our table and sets our food down, and she says laughing a little "im sorry it took so long, im getting tired, no one seems to like me today"  i just tell her "take your time on us then,we're not in any rush to get in and out of here like most of these people, by the way i think you look adorable" the waitress says thank you and goes to check on the other tables in her section, as everyones leaving i see her spirits get lower and lower because no one in her section is leaving her a tip.....so she hands me the check,not to bad only $25, my dd pulls the check down and tells me "mom give her a big tip, she was perfect and these other people are just being mean to her, she could buy a cute outfit for her baby if you give her a big enough tip". so i pay our bill but i didnt leave a tip on the table, instead i ask the manager where Abby went(she went on her lunch break) and he pointed me outside to the bench in front, so we go out there and i hand my dd the $100 bill in my wallet, my dd gets wide eyed but walks over to the waitress and says "tokyo mew mew unite?" and hands her the 100, the waitress says "tokyo mew mew unite" and smiles at my dd and then looks at the $100, then chases after us and says "this is way to much" i tell her "im making up for the other people not leaving you tips,dont worry about it" i just smile at her and she says "wait here for just a second please!" so we wait and she comes running back out with a bag of sweets. she smiles at us and says "its the least i can do for you, giving me so much" my dd blurts out "buy your baby something cute!!" and then throws her hands over her mouth with huge eyes and then says "i wasnt supposed to say that out loud" the waitress laughs and says thank you again and walks back inside...when we got home my dd asked if she can go back next wednesday with her friends lol i told her sure and she ran to call all of her friends

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hecate9
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Awww...what a nice thing you did.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM
4 moms liked this

So these people went to a THEMED diner, and were upset that the waitress was "in character?"  WTF?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Hecate9:

Awww...what a nice thing you did.

i couldnt let all those people stiff her

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

So these people went to a THEMED diner, and were upset that the waitress was "in character?"  WTF?

they we're upset they could see her tattoos and piercings,and that her hair color wasnt a wig....i dont get it either though

VannaMae307
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM
2 moms liked this

Your memory of the situation and dialogue is absolutely astonishing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Quoting VannaMae307:

is that a bad thing? i have a good memory....would it be better if i just posted a vauge post?

Meghan1987
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Awe that actually made me tear up! Im glad their are good people like you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VannaMae307
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM

why would it be bad? Just making an observation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting VannaMae307:

is that a bad thing? i have a good memory....would it be better if i just posted a vauge post?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Quoting VannaMae307:

why would it be bad? Just making an observation.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting VannaMae307:

usually when people say things like that on here they are being rude lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:04 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured