Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

scented wax warmers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
Sentsy or whatever
So I was talking to a lady about scented wax warmers and she prefers the better homes and garden brand, found at Wal-Mart. I bought one today, just to give it a try. I wanted to see what the big hype was . . .
Disappointed. I thought my whole house would smell so good. The scent isn't very strong, I chose berry cheesecakes or something like that.
What is your opinion on all the different wax warmers.
What works best to keep your house smelling good. I keep it clean and tidy but the house is very old and we have a dog. I hate that musty smell.
Thanks
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Bumps
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:29 PM
I want to try the ones from Michael's. When I get over that way I will buy some. I bought the freebrze ones and they are ok
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Febreeze makes then now, also sold at Walmart & I love them! My favorite though is the ones from bath & body works or Yankee candle company. They both make the whole house smell good. I have my wax warmer in my kitchen and can smell it upstairs & downstairs and I have a 2400 sq ft home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Ohhhh I didn't know febrezze makes them. I will get one! Lol
I didn't even think of Yankee candle co. I love them!
Thanl

Quoting Anonymous:

Febreeze makes then now, also sold at Walmart & I love them! My favorite though is the ones from bath & body works or Yankee candle company. They both make the whole house smell good. I have my wax warmer in my kitchen and can smell it upstairs & downstairs and I have a 2400 sq ft home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Ohhhh I didn't know febrezze makes them. I will get one! Lol
I didn't even think of Yankee candle co. I love them!
Thanl

Quoting Anonymous:

sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM
My whole house smells from them. I have the scientist ones ( they're super strong) and Kmart ones, country living I think?

I heard downy unstoppable scent enhances for laundry work really well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommytothree07
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM
I Love the better homes I have like Tropical fruit
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Scentsy is the only one I've found that smells up the entire house. The walmart brand is good for when I dont get my Scentsy order in time and I'm out. They're only two bucks so I can stock up. I also use them in the kids bathroom so I don't waste the good stuff on them. I like the more "clean" smells like Fresh Cotton and Amber Cashmere. The food smells always piss off my dh beause he always thinks I've baked something then gets disappointed when he figure out its just my Scensty.

anitarichman
by Anita on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I was just thinking about those the other day when I had the BH&G burning from Walmart.....they stink.  First of all there was only like 8 to chose, I chose some pineapple something one, went home plugged it in and YUCK. Worse smelling candle ever!  I guess I'm going to break down and have a Scentsy party. Either that or order some from yankee candles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)