Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I remembered something horrible from my childhood...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies

I just don't understand how all of my life I could forget something this big. I guess it's a repressed memory? It's freaking me out. I don't know why or how, I was just driving past some houses that resembled a neighborhood I used to grow up in, and I started thinking of the little neighbor girl I used to play with, Cindy. And then I started to really think and realised her uncle and her both sexually assualted me when I was little (around the first grade, I think). They were both on different occasions, but I don't know what to make of it. I've lived my whole life oblivious to all of this, and now I just don't know. I feel like I'm crazy.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I'm confused...

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Yes that has happened to me.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Go to therapy ASAP.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:11 PM

No one?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes when terrible things happen to us our brains will repress it to protect us. What are you remembering?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Her uncle used to "tickle" me, when really he was just touching me in places that he shouldn't have been. What the girl did was so much worse. She locked me in a room and wouldn't let me leave until I picked something out of a dirty magazine for us to do. I feel so fucking stupid now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes when terrible things happen to us our brains will repress it to protect us. What are you remembering?

Ayshren
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Yes this has happened to me. I seriously suggest some therapy. Im sorry you had to experience that:( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM

What am I supposed to say? "Hey, I've lived a perfectly normal life up until now that I've suddenly realized I've created a whole other reality for myself!" I'm sorry, I'm just panicked atm.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Go to therapy ASAP.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I don't remember most of my childhood and I am thinking it is because of repressed memories. The part of my childhood that I do remember wasn't roses and butterflies. So I try not to think about it and just provide the best childhood for my children. with that being said I am of no real help to you. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I feel like I'm going to be sick...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)