Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The boy in the striped pajamas

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Did any of you make it to the end????? It's scary lol im literally shaking and can't bring myself to watch it i keep going back and foward between the movie and a random channel. It's a movie and all but i think im going to stop watching it i cried enough already such a sad but good movie.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Oh my god. I was asked out on a date with a really nice guy. He let me pick the movie. I picked this one! I knew nothing about it. I thought it was a horror movie and I love scary movies.
We made it to the end. And looked at each other like "what the fuck did I just watch"

Awkward.

We proceeded to go out to dinner where the mood lightened up. I ordered "Jarod's famous meatloaf". And started joking with the waitress. I said. "Who is this Jarod and why the heck is he so special"
She then told me the story of this poor little boy named Jarod who died of cancer....

Shoot me now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:28 PM

He actually didn't do it.

He was ordered to by Hitler.  He really had very little choice.  For all we know he could have felt horrible doing it.

Can you imagine 'I'm sorry Herr Hitler, I don't feel like doing that right now'...his family would have lost a father and a husband.  That would have spelled certain disaster for that family.  Not too many women in 1940'sPoland  would have been successful at finding work to provide for their families...unless, of course, you didn't mind fucking random dudes for a living.

Quoting Live.and.love:

Well I am sorry the child died that part made me cry soooo hard! . But I am glad his father now knows how all those Jewish people felt when they had their famil members sent to the gas chambers by him!

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you stupid?

The OP just said she hadn't watched it so you go and give the ending away.

Yes, his father probably felt like shit.  It wasn't his father's fault he died in the chamber.  It was actually his own, for sneaking under the fence......

God people are stupid.

Quoting Live.and.love:

He dies in the gas chamber. Bet his Nazi dad felt  like shit!

mamaof2boys816
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM

it made me cry alot

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I love that movie Schindlers list!! The end was great to see all the people he saved and their families paying their respects. I love The Pianist!

Quoting kellysparkles:

I saw it in theaters and I have chills thinking about it. It was one of the most effecting movies I've ever seen.

Have you seen "Schindler's List?" If so, I recommend the movie "Inheritance" - it's on Netflix and it's about Amon Goeth's daughter; she never met him but reached out to his servant Helen Hirsch from the movie) and learned what type of monster he was. It's a documentary and truly captures some of the rawest emotions.

Live.and.love
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM

He was a proud member of the Nazi Party. He wanted todo it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He actually didn't do it.

He was ordered to by Hitler.  He really had very little choice.  For all we know he could have felt horrible doing it.

Can you imagine 'I'm sorry Herr Hitler, I don't feel like doing that right now'...his family would have lost a father and a husband.  That would have spelled certain disaster for that family.  Not too many women in 1940'sPoland  would have been successful at finding work to provide for their families...unless, of course, you didn't mind fucking random dudes for a living.

Quoting Live.and.love:

Well I am sorry the child died that part made me cry soooo hard! . But I am glad his father now knows how all those Jewish people felt when they had their famil members sent to the gas chambers by him!

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you stupid?

Yes, his father probably felt like shit.  It wasn't his father's fault he died in the chamber.  It was actually his own, for sneaking under the fence......

God people are stupid.

Quoting Live.and.love:

jillianmayasmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM
The commandant of Auschwitz did being his family to live near the camp but, other then that, it is not based on a true story.

Quoting Live.and.love:

I think it said it was a true story but I am not sure :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh no!! I changed it and just saw the dads face and all the striped clothing. Ugh my head got hot and i feel sick. It's a true story? Poor baby just wanted to help his friend find his dad, the innocence in it all.

Quoting Live.and.love:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lorik1969
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Um, I think the point is that the father was OK with killing other children, he didn't realize what he was doing until it happened to him.
SPOILER ALERT If you haven't read the book!
For anyone who read the book, didn't the father end up committing suicide?

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you stupid?

God people are stupid.

Quoting Live.and.love:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:31 PM
It's such a good movie and the only movie to make me cry! My hubby won't watch it because he knows he will cry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elkmomma
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Yup SO and I both bawled like babies.  I even recommend "American History X"  It's modern day and your gonna cry some more.

Proud-mama-05
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Yes I made it to the end. It was a hard movie to watch though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)