Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

First communion outfits anyone?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 14 Replies

Mobile Photo

It's that time of year! We ordered dd's dress and veil. The veil came yesterday. It's so beautiful! I can't wait to see her dress! Show off your kids first communion outfits!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Mobile Photo

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Mobile Photo

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Mobile Photo

tisaynababae
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Beautiful!
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:49 PM
It is! Dd squeaked with excitement when we stuck it on her head. She picked the veil and the dress herself. She's got good taste!

Quoting tisaynababae:

Beautiful!

Lizard_Lina
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM
That's beautiful.
Dd is 4. I've got a few years lol
tisaynababae
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:53 PM
My little guy makes his next year but as handsome as a suit is, it is not as fun shopping for as a dress and veil. ;)
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM
We have a ds. A little suit will be fun to find but no, they aren't quite as fun as a dress and veil.
I have 2 other dd's and they are both mad at their sister for picking this dress. They know they will end up wearing it too and they wanted a different one, lol.

Quoting tisaynababae:

My little guy makes his next year but as handsome as a suit is, it is not as fun shopping for as a dress and veil. ;)

Traci_Momof2
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I don't have pics but my son will be wearing a black with white pinstripe suit.  He will wear a white shirt with a white tie underneath.  My sister wanted to try to find some white silk with white embroidered crosses on it to make the tie.  She is having difficulty finding material like that so it might just be plain white silk.  Then black socks and black shoes to finish it off.

I'm fighting the temptation to complain about how the little girls look like little brides for first communion.  I will admit I think it's a two-fold jealousy issue.  #1 - I have boys.  Boys just don't have as many options as girls do.  They're just not where the focus is societally in ceremonies such as this.  As a mom, it's hard to come to terms with your child not being the focus.  I'm sure I'll have the same internal struggle when I am mother of the groom.  #2 - I never had it as a girl myself.  I didn't become Catholic until I was about 22 years old so obviously I was not wearing the white dress and veil for 1st communion at age 22.  So I never had the opportunity myself to dress up like a mini-bride at an age when it would've been completely exciting to do so.
That's my jealousy confession for the day.

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM
It was fun but hard to find an appropriate dress. Our church is being really picky about the styles allowed. They want modest dresses with sleeves. It sounds reasonable until you start shopping and realize everything is sleeveless! We searched for ages until we had a few for dd to choose from!

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

I don't have pics but my son will be wearing a black with white pinstripe suit.  He will wear a white shirt with a white tie underneath.  My sister wanted to try to find some white silk with white embroidered crosses on it to make the tie.  She is having difficulty finding material like that so it might just be plain white silk.  Then black socks and black shoes to finish it off.

I'm fighting the temptation to complain about how the little girls look like little brides for first communion.  I will admit I think it's a two-fold jealousy issue.  #1 - I have boys.  Boys just don't have as many options as girls do.  They're just not where the focus is societally in ceremonies such as this.  As a mom, it's hard to come to terms with your child not being the focus.  I'm sure I'll have the same internal struggle when I am mother of the groom.  #2 - I never had it as a girl myself.  I didn't become Catholic until I was about 22 years old so obviously I was not wearing the white dress and veil for 1st communion at age 22.  So I never had the opportunity myself to dress up like a mini-bride at an age when it would've been completely exciting to do so.
That's my jealousy confession for the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN