Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How many of you could do that?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:55 PM
  • 14 Replies

How many of you could look at a hungry kid and tell him to throw his lunch away? Then justify it by saying "Mommy and Daddy should have been more responsible" or "Mommy should have kept her legs closed before having more children she can't afford." 

This kind of mentality is sick. I thought we lived in a society that cared about its members. I find it ironic that many of those who espouse this philosophy are those who claim to be Christian. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:45 KJV

The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children. 
~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

A decent provision for the poor is the true test of civilization.
~Samuel Johnson, Boswell: Life of Johnson

...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Last Speech of Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." 
~ Mahatma Gandhi

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyvet06
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:57 PM
I could never tell a child to throw their food away.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM

There is a difference in telling a child to throw their food away...and giving mommy and daddy the bare minimum to feed said children until they can support themselves...On the same note, how could you bring a child into this world knowing you couldn't do something as basic as FEED them?!?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I love you.

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Things happen. I had a great job when I had my son, only to have to leave it. I am financially stable now, but I know many others who aren't. When I started out, I had my ducks in order, only to have the bottom drop out. It happens.

People lose their jobs, or care for their disabled child/parent is more expensive than they ever imagined. Shouldn't we have compassion and love our neighbors?

Quoting Anonymous:

There is a difference in telling a child to throw their food away...and giving mommy and daddy the bare minimum to feed said children until they can support themselves...On the same note, how could you bring a child into this world knowing you couldn't do something as basic as FEED them?!?!

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I was with you until you started quoting the bible.

Wicked.Jester
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I think a far bigger crime is to bring a child into this world that you have no means to care for.

And as far as ME telling a child they cannot eat?  I didn't have a child I couldn't afford.  That is on their parents, not me.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I could not.  I believe every child has a right to not go hungry even if the parents do irresponsible things. It is not the child's fault. 

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I also quoted Gandhi and Herbert Hoover. My point was the hypocrisy of claiming to be christian while allowing children to go hungry to prove a point.

Quoting wkukid:

I was with you until you started quoting the bible.

Wicked.Jester
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Yes it does, and for the 10,000th time anyone who has issues with PA has no issues with people who use it properly and temporarily.

But if you get pregnant and have a child FULLY KNOWING that child will be supported by Medicaid and FS.....yeah, that's a big problem.  And it happens a lot, if I counted the mothers on CM alone who have done this its staggering, and those are the ones who ADMIT it and don't cry "birth control failure."  A lot of those "failures" can be added to that total as well.

And if the Government didn't pay these women to spit out kids, they wouldn't.

Quoting jadedcynic:

Things happen. I had a great job when I had my son, only to have to leave it. I am financially stable now, but I know many others who aren't. When I started out, I had my ducks in order, only to have the bottom drop out. It happens.

People lose their jobs, or care for their disabled child/parent is more expensive than they ever imagined. Shouldn't we have compassion and love our neighbors?

Quoting Anonymous:

kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I would never make a kid throw their food away, or speak to a child like that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)