Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kid is smarter than yours!

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 31 Replies

OK now that I have your attention, no she isn't.  granted, do I think she is a genius...well of course (doesn't every mother think that of her child/ren?)

Anyway, what accomplishments have your LO's made that make you proud?

Mine is really starting to get better at talking.  She is starting to put together 2 and 3 word sentences and is saying please and thank you.  She also has started helping me pick up her toys and helps me put away dishes when they are dry.  She loves helping and always feels liks such a big girl when she is done.  She is going to be 2 in May.

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LectioDivina
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM

My 4 year old reads at a 3rd grade level...

redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

my ds started answering questions with yeah or no, thats the lastest one im proud of :)

like i would ask if he's hungry and wanted lunch he'll either say yeah or no, or if he wants to go outside, he'll say yeah or no

blues_pagan
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I must ask, how did you do that?  How did you teach him/her?

Quoting LectioDivina:

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine really is freaking genius. lol just kidding but she was explaining to me about how the nervous system works the other day. She was right about everything she just didn't know it was called the nervous system. She is really talented in science and math and I think she is an excellent artist. She is incredibly bright and sweet.....I could basically talk about her all day long I am so proud of her.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM
My fourth grader reads at college level and my then seventh grader got his writing published.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blues_pagan
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:09 PM

That is awesome!  What grade is she in?

Quoting thenameshailie:

Mine really is freaking genius. lol just kidding but she was explaining to me about how the nervous system works the other day. She was right about everything she just didn't know it was called the nervous system. She is really talented in science and math and I think she is an excellent artist. She is incredibly bright and sweet.....I could basically talk about her all day long I am so proud of her.

LectioDivina
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

lol I don't know... I kind of didn't... We did all the normal things I guess, She has a twin brother that knows all the letters and can read 2-3 letter words, which is great and normal for a 4 year old, But for some reason My DD can just sound out almost any word

Quoting blues_pagan:

I must ask, how did you do that?  How did you teach him/her?

Quoting LectioDivina:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this
My youngest daughter is graduating from high school in a month with a 3.97 GPA and has a full ride to the University of Michigan. And my other daughter is a junior in college and has been on the Deans list each semester since her freshman year. MAN, AM I PROUD!!!
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
My two and a half year old finally started distinguishing between up and down, big and small. I'm working on her alphabet and numbers. She doesn't care for numbers past two.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
-_-
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:11 PM

In the last 24 hrs my oldest stood in front of his class and gave a book report, even though he was so nervous about it he was sick to his stomach - my middle son had an epiphany and my daughter made up 2 songs that made sense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)