Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This has never happened before, and I'm so upset

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies

I have an anxiety disorder.  I have panic attacks.  I worry about everything and anything.  I only sleep 2-3 hours a night, if I'm luck, because of it.  Yes, I'm in therapy and take medication, but its a slow process to work out.

I try not to get on DH's nerves with it all.  I suffer in silence often.  Today the anxiety has been unbarable.  I can't hardly think.  I texted DH who was out doing errands.  He didnt' reply after 10 minutes.  I started freaking  that something had happened to him.  Then I texted again, and again.  He texted back that he was getting gas and went into the gas station to get a drink. I called him.  I have no idea why, I guess just to hear his voice.

He flipped out, yelled at me, said he has a lot to do today and asked what my problem is today.  Of course I then feel like a fool and get upset.  

He has never lost his temper with me, he has always been compasionate about my problems and worked with me. I'm so afraid he is going to get tired of dealing with all of this.  I wish I could get fixed quicker.  

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chantilly1
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:13 PM

hugs mama

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Quoting Chantilly1:

hugs mama

Thank you, I need a hug!

amaroq86
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM
I'm sorry you are having to go through this. Hugs sweetie :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Quoting amaroq86:

I'm sorry you are having to go through this. Hugs sweetie :)

Thank you.

Chantilly1
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM

have you thought about going to see your dr? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Chantilly1:

hugs mama

Thank you, I need a hug!

KyrinM
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Just hang in there, maybe you could call your therapist when you are feeling really panicky?  Also, arrange with DH a time frame for text replies, he might not always be able to respond immediately, so set a timer for say 15 mins & set up the phone with a quick Hey type response he can do real quick if he can't answer fully right away to let you know he got it & will respond shortly so you don't go into panic mode. Also arrange a code word with him so he knows that you are having a panic attack, so he knows you need him to respond or call asap.  Make sure you don't abuse the code word though, too many false alarms will make him start ignoring those if you use it too much.  Maybe have a couple code words for different levels.  Slightly anxious, really anxious, slightly panicked, full panic.  So he is mentally prepared when he responds.  Just some ideas.  I hope you get through this soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Quoting Chantilly1:

have you thought about going to see your dr? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Chantilly1:

hugs mama

Thank you, I need a hug!

I called him and left a message, he is with patients.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:20 PM

im the same as you...dh just laughs at me when i get like that lol he used to get mad but learned quickly that just makes shit worse. sorry mama..it does get better..just takes lots of time. 

maybe dh could get into therapy to learn how to cope himself....

LeetjieJ
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM
((Hugs)) it does get better. Just hang in there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I deal with anxiety issues too..panic attacks like crazy. Im on Ativan..Xanax is better but my doc has stopped prescribing it. Have you ever tried either of these? If not, ask your doc about it. I know exactly how you feel..Im sorry youre going through this. Hope things get better. *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN