Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For the mom's who only have one child. Baby or toddler...

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM
  • 57 Replies
I Confess - I carry my 3 year old ( turned 3 January 31st) Out to the car when we leave the house, and if we go to the store or anywhere - I carry him from the car into the store etc... Typically if we go to walmart, I try my best to park close to the cart return - so I can just put him straight in the cart and push him in the store. If there isn't a cart return close, I just carry him up to the store and place him in the cart. I realize that for mom's who have more then one kid, this isn't something that's possible - because you can't carry all your kids at once. We live at the foot hills of the mountain, so our street is on a slant, as well as our drive way. And most of the people who drive up or down our street are doing well over the safe speed for our street. So I don't feel comfortable allowing my son to walk out to the car, if he was to run or walk fast - there is a good chance he could fall and roll down the drive way - and then there is the issue with the fast driving cars on our road. As far as carrying him into the stores, I do that because most parking lots are so full with parked cars, and cars looking for a parking space - I don't trust the other drives will see my 3 year old and not hit him.... are any of you one child mothers guilty of this?
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlekD
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM
My 15 mo th old wants to walk. So I make him hold my hand but I'm mot going to carry him if he doesn't want to be carried.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2ameira
by captain underpants on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM
My 3 year old normally walks until she decides to play "run from mommy" then I stick her in the cart.
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM

my 18 month old refuses to be carried around, she walks until she doesn't want to hold hands then into the cart or stroller she goes, kicking and screaming.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Yes, I have three kids though the 9 year old obviously I can't carry anymore. But my soon to be 5yr old and my 4 month old get carried all the time. I put the baby on one hip and my other son on the other or I put the baby in the backpack. It isn't for any other reason then I enjoy feeling them close to me and I know soon a day will come where I can't lift them anymore.

abigailsmommy11
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I only carry her in parking lots, otherwise she walks. She'll be 2 in May. She wants to walk and is very well behaved, because she knows if she doesn't stay with me, I won't hesitate to put her in the cart or carry her.

LilliesValley
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Nope, but I have a bad back so...
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:23 PM

No.  DD is 2 1/2 and our driveway is inclined.  I hold her hand tightly so she doesn't run away.  She also knows to hold my hand when we are out and there are cars, so it's anywhere from walking down the sidewalk...to the car...in a parking lot...etc...She knows and she automatically grabs for my hand when we leave the house and will tell you "you have to hold hands."

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I carry both my kids when in busy places like the HEB parking lot. They are ten weeks and 18 months.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Um have you never thought of letting him walk and holding his hand?

Ninjabubble
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM
My 11 month old can't walk so I carry him of course.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN