Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im a horrible mommy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

every time my ds throws a tantrum i cant help but laugh, like if he cant get something right he gets stiff and clenches his fists and "screams" or he stomps his feet and "screams" and i just laugh....i honestly cant tell if its a nervous laugh (because i laugh when im nervous/anxious) or if its a wtf? chill little man laugh

does anyone else laugh when their kdis throw tantrums? i know i shouldnt laugh at him but i cant help it sometimes

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:34 PM

No I would cringe and walk away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I have before, I think it's because she looks so darn cute with her face all squinched up like that lol
alisheamonet33
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:39 PM

lo i laugh at my six yr old cause she makes the cutes faces whilie having a tatrum i will even take a pic but then i gnore her casue they dont work for the better in my house it will cause for you not to gte what eve it is you want for twice as long for acting out!

scarlettsam
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM
I laugh sometimes. Lately I have just started throwing myself into a full out tantrum with him to show him how ridiculous it looks....we usually both just end up laughing at how silly we look....its turning out to work quite well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Me and my wife were discussing this the other day. I worked for years in daycare and always thought the fits were hilarious, I'm afraid I won't be able to take them seriously in my own child. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting alisheamonet33:

lo i laugh at my six yr old cause she makes the cutes faces whilie having a tatrum i will even take a pic but then i gnore her casue they dont work for the better in my house it will cause for you not to gte what eve it is you want for twice as long for acting out!

lol thats probably why i laugh, i have never been able to put my finger on why but he makes the weirdest faces when he throws one lol and yeah he never gets his way when he acts like that, he either gets the toy he's frustrated with taken away until he calms down or he's in his room until he calms down, or ignored completely

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Quoting wkukid:

Me and my wife were discussing this the other day. I worked for years in daycare and always thought the fits were hilarious, I'm afraid I won't be able to take them seriously in my own child. 

i honestly cant take him seriously when he does it lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I dont let him see, and hes pretty good about not doing it to often. But yes. I laugh.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM

When the kids in daycare did it I used to laugh and think  you are doing all this over a toy you can't have because you didn't have it first, wait till you work your ass off and have to give all your money to bills. That's worth a his say fit lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting wkukid:

i honestly cant take him seriously when he does it lol 

csxt99
by Jennifer on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I laughed, too.  I just tried not to do it so they could see me.  I didn't want them to think it was a good thing to do to get a laugh, but sometimes they were so danged funny when they got so mad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN