Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you in an open, polygamist, polyandrous, polygynous , swinger, cheating, polyamorous, polyfidelity, or (other type of) relationship?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this
Basically any relationship that falls outside the general definition of a "normal monogamous relationship"?

What do you consider yourself? What are the general rules and boundaries? How does it work for you?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:29 PM
I am polyamorus. It means I have loving romantic relationships with more than one person. I am straight. I have been married for almost 12 years, and I have been with my boyfriend for a year. My relationships are separate but equal.

Yes both my husband and boyfriend know about each other and are actually friendly.
morriganna
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Always been monogamous, but every cheater I've known (male and female) has been EXTREMELY jealous.   My swinger friends love it, but they only fool around with other people when both of them are present.  My poly friends just split, they were miserable the whole time they were polyamorous.  She even called me crying once about her boyfriend talking to another girl!  They had a really good relationship too in the beginning, but after becoming "open" both became uber jealous and it was a competition.

rjsmommy214
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm interested to see answers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
morriganna
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I am polyamorus. It means I have loving romantic relationships with more than one person. I am straight. I have been married for almost 12 years, and I have been with my boyfriend for a year. My relationships are separate but equal.

Yes both my husband and boyfriend know about each other and are actually friendly.

Does your husband have a girlfriend?  I find the concept intriguing, but have never known a couple personally who's relationship fared well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Same here only 5 years almost and now I'm just dating. No boyfriend we broke up after 2 years.

Quoting Anonymous:

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
This. I'm poly, so is he.

Right now we are just with each other but we are semilooking.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM
My husband is into bdsm. I am vanilla. He has play partners to get those needs meet. He sort of has a girlfriend. But they are the early stages of their relationship.

We have rules and boundaries.

My boyfriend is monogamous

Quoting morriganna:

Quoting Anonymous:

Does your husband have a girlfriend?  I find the concept intriguing, but have never known a couple personally who's relationship fared well.

morriganna
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband is into bdsm. I am vanilla. He has play partners to get those needs meet. He sort of has a girlfriend. But they are the early stages of their relationship.

We have rules and boundaries.

My boyfriend is monogamous

Quoting morriganna:

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds like a solution to incompatibility in sexual tastes...Glad it works for you guys.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm poly. I have 2 husbands (of course not legally...maybe one day). Hm, I just reread the OP and I'm thinking this doesn't apply to me lol. I'm only with my two men and they're only with me. There will be hell to pay if there was any cheating going on between any of us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:55 PM
That's a open relationship, I've been in a polygamous relationship

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN