Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

either kill her or shut the hell up!!!

Apparently my upstairs neighbors dont have to work today bc I can hear them yelling and banging around. Sounds pretty much like they're fighting and im sick of it, we've complained to them AND the office before but its only gotten worse. If he really is killing her I hope it ends soon bc I need some freaking peace and quiet here!!! Grrrrrr *bangs broom handle on ceiling*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Replies (21-30):
Texa5
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Call the cops? Ask for a new apartment in the community? If they're that bad then I'd either break the lease or move into a home for rent as soon as the lease is up.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM

This reminds me of a a case I read about in one of my classes to do with the bystander effect. Some famous case where a woman was brutally murdered in an apartment building and tortured for hours. When the police questioned the neighbours to see if they knew anything, every single neighbour admitted to hearing this woman screaming for hours. None of them called the police because they thought everyone else could here and that someone else would call the police. None of them did so they all just listened to this poor women being murdered for hours and hours. Maybe not the same thing, but an interesting example none the less.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Quoting loving_my2boys:

Mobile Photo

Now she's screaming and I keep hearing noises like someone falling... hmmmm

opal10161973
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Sounds like my drunk neighbor used to- before they found him dead on his front porcha couple of weeks ago.  They surmised that he may have been there for a couple of days before anyone found him.  I wondered why it was so quiet. 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Do you think you should call the cops?

loving_my2boys
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:29 PM
One of them left. Heard the door slam and watched her leave, didnt see anythjng wrong with her (maybe she kicked his ass)

Quoting thenameshailie:

This reminds me of a a case I read about in one of my classes to do with the bystander effect. Some famous case where a woman was brutally murdered in an apartment building and tortured for hours. When the police questioned the neighbours to see if they knew anything, every single neighbour admitted to hearing this woman screaming for hours. None of them called the police because they thought everyone else could here and that someone else would call the police. None of them did so they all just listened to this poor women being murdered for hours and hours. Maybe not the same thing, but an interesting example none the less.

loving_my2boys
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:29 PM
*giggles like a maniac*
I LOVE IT!!!!

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Quoting loving_my2boys:

Mobile Photo

Now she's screaming and I keep hearing noises like someone falling... hmmmm

bbkimberly
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Similar situation here except its downstairs... Options are - 1. call cops. They don't reveal who called, and if they are that loud it could be anyone calling. As far as my neighbors go, we aren't the only ones complaining. 2. Contact complex leasing office. They also won't reveal source of complaint (at least they shouldn't but make that clear so you can feel comfortable). 3. If there is after hours security to call, use it. Our office uses those logs of complaints for evictions. Our neighbors are on thin ice- they are ready to toss them out. 

PinaiAngelPai15
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Call the cops.  And I really hope nothing bad is going.  My friend was in a situation like that yesterday.  She was screaming for help and no one did anything.  Thankfully she was able to get away and come to my place where she was able to file a report.

babydsmommy18
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I would be calling the cops.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)