Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My planned parenthood experience/rant LONG :-/

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
I found out I was pregnant with a home pregnancy test on a Friday night. The line was super faint and I was really anxious. My dr. Office would not be open until Monday so I went to planned parenthood the next morning. I guess I wanted someone to say "yes, you are pregnant." When we got there, there was a teenager on her cell talking to her dad about the financial ins and outs of her abortion. I'm on the fence about abortions but I was there to confirm something I've waited a long time for and it was poor taste for the staff not to ask her to go outside.
Finally, they call my name so dh and I go to walk back. She held up her hand and said he could not go back with me. I was dumbfounded but I assumed it was to protect women and to make sure no one was influencing or forcing my decision. I let her know its fine I want him back there when they give me my results but she shrugged and said sorry.
While back there they asked if the test was positive what I wanted to do. I said keep the baby. I kind if expected that question sincef it was planned parenthood.
The nurse comes back says the test was positive and asked me "you want to keep it right?" I said yes I am going to "keep the BABY" not it. So she hands me a paper with the local DHS office number in small print at the bottom of the page. The rest of the page was a list of every abortion clinic within 100 miles and what procedure each used and until how many weeks. I was shocked to see you could actually abort a baby at 22 weeks...especially now after having a 20 week ultrasound. She thoroughly went over the abortion clinics and vaguely mentioned any "scenario" where I kept "it"

I was absolutely disgusted and felt guilty that that gets to be my memory of how my pregnancy was confirmed. Without my husband, and with some jerk triple checking I didn't want an abortion.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.Pink.
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Hmm. I've never experienced that there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Pp is not pregnancy friendly. I always Went to my Dr office. They do free testing.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:57 PM

People tend to go to Planned Parenthood for abortions and such. They rarely get someone in there that wants to keep their baby. So they don't have any information on that (well, some do, many don't). 

bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Most abortions done in mid-late second trimester are done for extreme medical issues.
Also, you could have reported the worker.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Funny, I've talked to many people who went to PP with the intentions of keeping the pregnancy and the workers were great with them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pp is not pregnancy friendly. I always Went to my Dr office. They do free testing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlekD
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:58 PM

:(

How sad. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I was always the first to defend Planned Parenthood in debates with my conservative FIL.  I'm finding he may be right...

I could have and should have waited until the following Monday in a legitimate Dr's office. 

Quoting Anonymous:

macysmom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:59 PM
I'm so glad I didn't go there for a free test. I almost did.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AkashaGermaine
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:59 PM
I'm sorry you had this experience. Just remember that not all pp are the same, not all provide abortions. We don't have a public health office so pp is the only option for low cost birth control in my area. I don't need it, but my sister does.
livelaughlov26
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah because they want your money from an abortion.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)