Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Here's a novel idea: If you can't afford to feed your kids, DON'T HAVE THEM

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I understand people hit by the economic crisis in this country. I know a lot of people have been laid off from work.

I'm still surprised at the number of young mothers who talk on here about the government assistance they get.

Did anyone think that maybe you should wait on having kids if you can't afford to feed them?

Then you're brazen enough to come on here and practically brag about what you buy with our tax dollars. How classy!

There's something called birth control, ya know.

Note: This message is for those of you who did not lose jobs due to the economic collapse of 2009.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Replies (61-67):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Hmm, so now we're scoring?  I HAVE fallen into the abyss!

Quoting Texa5:

The only reason I can imagine that anyone would brag about being on PA is to fire someone up because it truly isn't anything to "brag" about. Welfare Queens: 1, OP: ZERO!

Just let it roll off, dude.

Texa5
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Yeah, but don't go bragging about it! ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm, so now we're scoring?  I HAVE fallen into the abyss!

Quoting Texa5:

The only reason I can imagine that anyone would brag about being on PA is to fire someone up because it truly isn't anything to "brag" about. Welfare Queens: 1, OP: ZERO!

Just let it roll off, dude.

ChloeDolce1
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Well Youre preachong to the choir to me, but sadly you'll find most on cm will disagree.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BluntlyBlue
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Because your reasoning for this post isn't judgemental at all, right?

The minute you take someone to task for what they do with their governement benefits you are dumping on people.

Quoting Anonymous:

HELL YES!

No dumping here. Thought up this thread after reading the one about the woman wondering if people would judge her for buying junk food with her food stamps.

I am much harsher about the corporate welfare, but, hey, Halliburton et al aren't in this forum.

Now, stop being so judgmental  :)

Quoting BluntlyBlue:

I wonder - do you protest this hard about your tax dollars going to corporate welfare for tax dodging oil companies? Or is it just poor people you dump on?

I'll make a deal with you - my tax dollars can go help the poor, yours can go to the real freeloaders. That work ok for you?

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Nope not at all. I can afford my kids, always have.  But I know that sometimes people get pregnant at the most inconvient times. would you rather have them have and abortion or give their kid up for adoption to live off the system anyways. Shit happens, get the hell over it.  Also have you ever thought  that maybe some of those so called brazen mothers come on here brag about their PA to piss people like you off. SO yes you are ignorant and judgemental.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not ignorant at all. Look at the economic situation our country is in. Only the ignorant respond the way you did.

Quoting Hanab818:

Here's a novel idea, keep you ignorant judgments to yourself.

MrsBridges19
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM

rolling on floor
I love people that post anonymous.  I never pay attention to them.

Quoting NotAMuggle:

Quoting MrsBridges19:

How about you mind your business?

that one is too novel for the OP to comprehend

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Lol get over it?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN