Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

From a Biblical Christian to...EDIT blue

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 184 Replies
1 mom liked this

To those of you who like to call yourselves by the name of Christ, but aren't living like followers of Jesus:

Let me preface this by saying that I am not talking to ppl who believe the Bible and really do their best to live the simple, Godly, Spirit-led, Biblical life that Jesus taught us.  I am talking to those who say they are "christians" but do not live what He taught.

Just stop living the lie.  Yes, that is what it is called when you say one thing and do another.
Yes, you are lying if you say that you are a Christian, but you support homosexuality.
Yes, you are lying if you say that you are a Christian and then you divorce and remarry.  Some of you (who have done that since "becoming a christian") might want to answer this: how do you reconcile your marital choices with Luke 16:18, Matthew 19:9, Jeremiah 3:1 and all the other verses that say you are committing adultery if you have sex with anyone except the first person you marry?
Yes, it is a lie to call yourselve a Christian and then live the good life or the American dream or any lifestyle that puts you above those you have the means to help without compromising your own life (not lifestyle, your life).  I ask those of you who own fine things and dine out and live-it-up: how do you reconcile your financial choices with 1 Timothy 6:8?

These are just a few of the conflicts I see between the modern American "church" and Biblical Christianity.

With Love from God through me as His Instrument;
and with great hope that every person on the planet will come to know God personally and love Him with the Love He has made available to each and every one of us to Love, not only Him, but all of humankind!

Several of you have asked (in one form or another) why I posted this.  Several of you have called this post condemning and/or judgemental:
My goal was to shine a light on what God calls sin in hopes that at least one, if not many, would turn to God. The light He shines on our sin is not condemnation, it is grace; if we do not know what He cannot abide, then we cannot abide with Him and THAT is what He wants more than anything!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jarkrt
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Bwahahaha..... no
SlightlyPerfect
Merry Giftmas!
Today at 11:08 AM
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Altruism is the basis of Christianity. It contradicts human nature.

slightlyperfect

ChocolateJunky
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:20 PM
13 moms liked this

Stop it. You're giving Christians a bad rep.

Need I remind you that he who is without sin cast the first stone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Yes, human nature and Biblical Christianity are contradictory.  But we should be being perfected from glory to glory, right?  We should at least be making progress and ppl should not be confused at to what we believe or have to ask "what kind of christian are you?" right?

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Altruism is the basis of Christianity. It contradicts human nature.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:32 PM

No, I am not.  This is the best statement I've ever heard on this matter:

"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle," Manning has said. "That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."
-Brennan Manning

I'm not casting stones.  It seems you need to be reminded that we are indeed our brothers' (and sisters') keepers; we are all responsible to keep each other accountable.  No, we are not to condemn or tear down.  I am doing neither of those things; I am encouraging ppl in what I believe to be the right direction.

Quoting ChocolateJunky:

ChocolateJunky
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Whatever you say, but I'm telling you that the tone of your writing seemed very condemning and isn't helping anyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle," Manning has said. "That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."
-Brennan Manning

I'm not casting stones.  It seems you need to be reminded that we are indeed our brothers' (and sisters') keepers; we are all responsible to keep each other accountable.  No, we are not to condemn or tear down.  I am doing neither of those things; I am encouraging ppl in what I believe to be the right direction.

Quoting ChocolateJunky:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
If you're so Christian yourself, should you be passing any judgement on anyone here and their beliefs? I think your version of Christianity is extremely judgemental. Jesus Christ absorbed our sins. You should be thankful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Surely, no one who knows they are doing exactly what God wants them to do would feel condemned by someone bringing up Bible verses and asking how they reconcile their choices to those verses.

On the other hand, if someone knows they are not living a Godly life, then my bringing up Bible verses isn't what caused them to feel condemned.  Unfortunately, most "christians" in modern America confuse the conviction of the Holy Spirit with condemnation.

Quoting ChocolateJunky:

Whatever you say, but I'm telling you that the tone of your writing seemed very condemning and isn't helping anyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

-Brennan Manning

Quoting ChocolateJunky:

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:49 PM
3 moms liked this

There's only one true church.  Keep in mind, Christianity spread throughout the entire Roman Empire before a single verse of the New Testament was written.  Remember what church gave you your Bible.  You are right in calling Christians to task on these issues.  I hope that you will come home soon!  Praying for the Holy Spirit to lead you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM

I did not judge anyone.  I simply brought up some well-known verses from the Bible, the Word of God which we as Christ's followers claim to believe and live by, and asked how ppl who live against those verses reconcile their life and their statement of Christianity.

According to the Bible, there aren't "versions" of Christianity.

Jesus didn't "absorb" our sins.  He became sin for us to cleanse us from ungodliness; He did not absorb our sins in order for us to keep sinning.  Romans 6:1 "What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound?" ESV  The answer in Romans 6:2 is the strongest form of "no" in the Greek language of the time.  (Paul uses it a lot.)

Quoting Anonymous:

If you're so Christian yourself, should you be passing any judgement on anyone here and their beliefs? I think your version of Christianity is extremely judgemental. Jesus Christ absorbed our sins. You should be thankful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN