Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

family who complained about in flight movie caused flight to be diverted.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/04/04/flight-diverted-after-family-raises-concerns-over-pg-13-inflight-movie/

they claim they didnt want their children to watch the film alex cross, that was being shown and asked the flight attendant to turn it off their monitor. they say they went back and forth but it wasnt heated or confrontational and asked if the captain had authority to change the movie. when they didnt hear back they diverted their kids attention from the monitors..but then the captain came over and said they were being diverted due to a security issue but when they got off the plane law enforcement was waiting.the parents say the captain overreacted but they feel child family movies should be shown on in flight tvs.

opinions???

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Dunno I wasn't there to know how much of Commotion they made.
Seems pretty damn inconvenient.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I think what the captain did was just stupid. Such an overreaction. They should see if there will be any children on the plane, then determin if they should do a kid friendly movie. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Quoting BrittSam2011:

I think what the captain did was just stupid. Such an overreaction. They should see if there will be any children on the plane, then determin if they should do a kid friendly movie. 

but that is just their side of the story..they admit there was some back and forth i wonder if they were getting loud and unruly about it during that back and forth that prompted the captain to divert the plane.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM
6 moms liked this

i also don't think the world should stop just because there are some kids on board. One parents objection to a movie shouldn't ruin everyone else's pleasure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Change the channel dude.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:38 PM
4 moms liked this
I would be willing to bet that there's WAY more to the story than these people are letting on. Who the hell asks to bother the man piloting the plane that's a mile above the ground to come settle a movie dispute. This is why people hate working with the public.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:41 PM

the flight company were being douchebags, as usual.

crazymom21
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Let's just get rid of in-flight movies =P problem solved.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:44 PM
7 moms liked this

The movie was BARELY suited for PG-13.  I mean, IMO it should have been rated R.

It depicts the seduction, torture, rape, murder, and dismemberment of women tied to beds.  It also shows a pregnant women getting shot through the chest and dying slowly in her husbands arms.  It depicts fight scenes where people walk away with bones jutting out of their arms.  There are also MANY explosions in the film, which can be unnerving when you're cruising along miles above the Earth.  The ONLY reasons they avoided the "R" rating is they didn't use lots of fake blood, avoided nudity, and didn't say "fuck" more than once in the movie.

I can totally understand a family with young children being alarmed at that movie being on.

I think the captain over reacted.  As for them "bothering" the captian, on commercial liners most the cruising is done on autopilot.  The captian wasn't asked to LEAVE the cockpit, the family was told only he had the authority to change the movie so they asked the flight attendant to ask if he would approve it.

THEN the captain announces the flight is diverted and has them removed.  God forbid a family didn't want a 4 year old watching a woman being raped and tortured to death when they were being forced as a captive audience...

NO ACCOUNTS of the story say the family was beligerent or heated.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:45 PM

RIGHT?!

And also, is that really such a big deal now a day anyway? You have ipads, iphones all kind of shit to keep your kids entertained!

Quoting Anonymous:

i also don't think the world should stop just because there are some kids on board. One parents objection to a movie shouldn't ruin everyone else's pleasure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN