Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I the ONLY One??!! (vent) Kinda longish??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

Before I found out I was pregnant, I was working as a temp at a factory. My DF was too the same factory.

Well, I was doing well, until my last day...they put me on a machine I have never been on before, and was in the bathroom throwing up the whole time! *I didn't know I was pregnant*

Well after I wasn't called back, I found out I was pregnant. **DF was kept on and now has been there almost 2 years now.**

Well when we found out, I was crying but he was completely calm.

Flash forward to almost the end of my pregnancy:

He was great, and supportive! And he talked about how much he would be around the baby!

Well, she is now 13 months...has given her a bath TWICE in her lifetime. And spends most of his time on a damn video game.

But he's a complete SHEUVENISTIC PIG *SP?*  He was not like this until after I had the baby and we moved into our own place.

It's like because he works he feels like all he has to do is come home for work and thats it!

I am a stay at home mom and IM PERFECTLY HAPPY WITH IT!

Just not happy with the fact that he excpects our daughter to be 100% MY RESPONSIBILITY!!

When it's diaper changing time we have to "take turns" thats the only way I could get him to do it!

But whenever it's his turn...he whines and bitches about how all I do is sit on my ass and do nothing!

Well, our daughter was 3 months old when we moved in, and i breastfeed...it's kind of hard not to have to sit down to breast feed!

Im still breastfeeding, so I sit down to BF. But I do cook, and I do clean, now..I don't clean EVERY day. I clean every other day. and it does look like a hell hole a lot when hes home because shes awake destroying everything!!

Well...anyway I'm sorry its long...But I gotta know how i can convince my asshole to go back to being sweet.

**And when I tell him to step up and take care of our DD he says he is. (He thinks making the money is good enough for her**...its not.

HELP?

Am i the ONLY one whose man turned into an ass when the baby was born?

*(We are 21)

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluediamondmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Awww, I'm sorry momma! No, he's not the only one. But he will grow up (well, a little bit anyway) my DH did. But he's still a large toddler! LOL! I don't have any real advice, but here's a bump for you. GL momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Definitely go back to school if you're not going to work. Your spelling is atrocious.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Try cleaning every day.....having a house that looks tidy, will make him SEE that you do more than sit on your ass.....Kids don't breastfeed 24/7....do your part!! and..while your at it, toss the video game!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:56 AM

how long did you *date* before you became pregnant?

Texa5
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:01 AM

A sit down is in order. When our son was first born I received very little help from my husband. A lot of that had to do with the fact that neither one of us had been around a child that young, but I stepped up, I had no choice. I understood that he was nervous. My husband worked long hours so I let him slide a lot, but after his deployment he had separated from the military and not much had changed.

I told him I was sick and tired of hearing "Well can't you do it?" when I'd ask for him to change our son or bathe him. Not only is it a break for me, but it's bonding time for the two of them. Now everything is 50/50 and has been ever since. My husband works long hours and at times he is gone for a few weeks or a month at a time, but he does what he can when he is home. I'm a SAHM, I'm not a maid, a personal chef, and a nanny. I birthed our son, but we are both parents and we both share the home. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:33 PM
We started dating at 16 and I found out I was pregnant when I was 19. So 3 years.
Quoting Anonymous:

how long did you *date* before you became pregnant?

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:37 PM

He should be doing more with her, but I kinda feel like a sahm has time to keep up with house work. He should give you time to yourself a few mins a day though and a lot of time on his days off!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You are a stay at home mom... that puts the majority of her care on you.  If you truly want him to change, get a job away from the home working an oppisite shift... even if it is part time.  It will make him step up and have to take part of the responsabilities of parenting his daughter as well as taking care of some of the chores around the home.  His child is not going to know who the hell he is once she is old enough to make that known, he will feel like shit.

If you don't want to do anything to change the situation, quit bitching... he will only treat you this way because you allow him to treat you this way.....

bugsmama149
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:43 PM
She misspelled two words.

Quoting Anonymous:

Definitely go back to school if you're not going to work. Your spelling is atrocious.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kitchen.ninja
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM
You both are stressed. First off, make time fir each other without the baby. Get a sitter and go see a movie, dinner, etc....

If that is not possible, make a romantic dinner when baby goes to sleep and play video games together. Often couples lose that bond after the kids. You are both growing and changing people. Do it together.

Last, don't sweat the small stuff. If he calls you lazy simply say it hurts your feelings and see how he reacts.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)