Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Its been 13 months...Why is he being LESS supportive NOW!?

I've been breastfeeding for 13 months now. And my DF is making me feel like crap when I do!

Its like when I ask if he could get me something to drink or something to eat when im stuck sitting down bf. And he bitches and calls me lazy!!

Why?

He used to be so supportive...

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
UncertainHopefl
by Fortune Cookie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I do! But after nursing she falls asleep! And every time I ask him to hold her for me, so I can get up to get something to eat he says "No I will get it...what do you want?**" He never holds her while she sleeps...its me...every time.

**Thats not him being supportive for others who read this its his way of getting out of holding her.

He does it every time.

Quoting BambiF:

Lol well it sounds like you've been milking it (no pun intended) for 13 months.  Grab a snack and a drink before you sit down to nurse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Why don't you prepare for your breast feeding sessions by having drinks or towels or snacks near you. He probably feels that since your kid is 13 months you are milking the situation and just using that as an excuse to be lazy and not get things yourself. Plus men always have some jealousy with moms and their attachment I their kids. He probably feels your kid is old enough to stop breast feeding and being more independent.
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM

because he isn't your bitch and after 13 months hes sick of doing it for you. There is no reason a 13month old needs to feed for so long that you cant get water or food before or after.

themissheather
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Please just shut up.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because there is no reason for you to still be doing that. It is lazy!

I wouldn't support you either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlekD
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Lol. Milking it. Nice.

Quoting BambiF:

Lol well it sounds like you've been milking it (no pun intended) for 13 months.  Grab a snack and a drink before you sit down to nurse.

MamaPeanut
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Agree.

An infant nurses for long periods of time, but older babies and kids are "snackers ", sessions not lasting very long.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

because he isn't your bitch and after 13 months hes sick of doing it for you. There is no reason a 13month old needs to feed for so long that you cant get water or food before or after.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM
At 13 months put her down when she sleeps!

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

I do! But after nursing she falls asleep! And every time I ask him to hold her for me, so I can get up to get something to eat he says "No I will get it...what do you want?**" He never holds her while she sleeps...its me...every time.

**Thats not him being supportive for others who read this its his way of getting out of holding her.

He does it every time.

Quoting BambiF:

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM
So.....lay the kid down. Or, if you know she's going to fall asleep, make sure you have a drink/food within an arm's reach.

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

He does it every time.

Quoting BambiF:

UncertainHopefl
by Fortune Cookie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Ok, I should have been more specific. I only ask when hes home on the weekends...during the week I do do it by myself. because he works nights and sleeps and plays video games all day.
Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I agree, your 13 month old can't be that starving that they have to be latched to you. You can take a break to get water or food if you need to. If the baby is sleeping afterward but her down. Why are you still holding her afterward. You have women here who are annoyed with your demands. So I can just imagine how a man would feel. They don't even bf.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)