Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Its been 13 months...Why is he being LESS supportive NOW!?

I've been breastfeeding for 13 months now. And my DF is making me feel like crap when I do!

Its like when I ask if he could get me something to drink or something to eat when im stuck sitting down bf. And he bitches and calls me lazy!!

Why?

He used to be so supportive...

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
AlekD
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Maybe he thinks she is old enough to sleep without being held? I don't get why you don't out her down if she falls asleep?

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

I do! But after nursing she falls asleep! And every time I ask him to hold her for me, so I can get up to get something to eat he says "No I will get it...what do you want?**" He never holds her while she sleeps...its me...every time.

**Thats not him being supportive for others who read this its his way of getting out of holding her.

He does it every time.

Quoting BambiF:

Lol well it sounds like you've been milking it (no pun intended) for 13 months.  Grab a snack and a drink before you sit down to nurse.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:52 PM

You dont have to hold her while she sleep put her in her bed or playpen

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

I do! But after nursing she falls asleep! And every time I ask him to hold her for me, so I can get up to get something to eat he says "No I will get it...what do you want?**" He never holds her while she sleeps...its me...every time.

**Thats not him being supportive for others who read this its his way of getting out of holding her.

He does it every time.

Quoting BambiF:

Lol well it sounds like you've been milking it (no pun intended) for 13 months.  Grab a snack and a drink before you sit down to nurse.

Photobucket

MamaPeanut
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:53 PM
She doesn't need to be held to sleep, she isn't a newborn.

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

He does it every time.

Quoting BambiF:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BambiF
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:53 PM

is this your first child lol?

UncertainHopefl
by Fortune Cookie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:54 PM

As soon as she gets put down, she wakes up exactly 15 minutes later..and guess who is the one who has to go get her...

everytime.

Me.

But I guess its my fault. Im not a CIO mom..Im just not that strong to let her cry...

and even if I tried...her dad would just go get her, bring her out and hand her to me. Its pointless

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

He does it every time.

Quoting BambiF:

UncertainHopefl
by Fortune Cookie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Yes!! Oh my gosh yes...and I wanted 16! Never again. I might just want one more. ....Maybe!

Quoting BambiF:

is this your first child lol?

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Welcome to parenting....If you dont want to let her cio out that you need to get here You choose to have a kid with a man who is not helpful and supportive either talk to him, deal with it or leave.

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

As soon as she gets put down, she wakes up exactly 15 minutes later..and guess who is the one who has to go get her...

everytime.

Me.

But I guess its my fault. Im not a CIO mom..Im just not that strong to let her cry...

and even if I tried...her dad would just go get her, bring her out and hand her to me. Its pointless

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

He does it every time.

Quoting BambiF:

Photobucket

BambiF
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Tell him he has to help.  Why won't he?

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

everytime.

Me.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

He does it every time.

Quoting BambiF:

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
UncertainHopefl
by Fortune Cookie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I have no idea! I figured because it's his only child. and his daughter, he would want to be apart of everything. But he's even missed her first pics with santa..because he wanted to sleep.

I dont even know...

Quoting BambiF:

Tell him he has to help.  Why won't he?

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

everytime.

Me.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

He does it every time.

Quoting BambiF:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:03 PM
This. I would act the same way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Probably because after thirteen months you should have had enough practice at it to be able to do other things while you nurse.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN