Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Its been 13 months...Why is he being LESS supportive NOW!?

I've been breastfeeding for 13 months now. And my DF is making me feel like crap when I do!

Its like when I ask if he could get me something to drink or something to eat when im stuck sitting down bf. And he bitches and calls me lazy!!

Why?

He used to be so supportive...

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Replies (31-40):
UncertainHopefl
by Fortune Cookie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:07 PM

If i go to get up...he asks me what Im doing I said getting something to drink/eat. He says no sit down don't move her around i will get it what do you want?

If i say no i will get it myself...he bitches about how i should just stay sitting down. So no matter what i do...I get bitched at...

its a lose lose situation

Quoting Anonymous:

This. I would act the same way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Probably because after thirteen months you should have had enough practice at it to be able to do other things while you nurse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Because your husband is a big asshole?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:11 PM
this...I wish my dh where to wait on me like that wtf.What do you do when he is not home?It is not like he is telling you to stop.

Quoting Anonymous:

Probably because after thirteen months you should have had enough practice at it to be able to do other things while you nurse.

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Maybe he thinks you should wean the baby and instead of telling you he's being passive aggressive about it.

UncertainHopefl
by Fortune Cookie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:15 PM

i dont do this often maybe sometimes on the weekend!

if i do it myself he bitches about how I could have just asked him and then it just turns into an argument.

Quoting Anonymous:

this...I wish my dh where to wait on me like that wtf.What do you do when he is not home?It is not like he is telling you to stop.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:20 PM
lol just tell him you have to pee real fast and grab a drink while you are up.Ignore him if he wants to fight.Really that is just dumb

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

if i do it myself he bitches about how I could have just asked him and then it just turns into an argument.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

UncertainHopefl
by Fortune Cookie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:20 PM

He's like this with diaper changes too!

I had to set up a "whose turn is it" system just to get him to do it

When it's "his turn" he bitches about how its my turn and its really now. And when we finally get through arguing about it, hes pissy with me, picks up our dd and calls me lazy then too.

His problem is he thinks I should do everything for her.

100% shes my responsibilty. he thinks just making the money is his first and last father responsibility.

Quoting onethentwins:

Maybe he thinks you should wean the baby and instead of telling you he's being passive aggressive about it.

UncertainHopefl
by Fortune Cookie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:21 PM

It's stupid. Like i said before, he calls me lazy when I tell him its his turn to change her diaper too.

Quoting Anonymous:

lol just tell him you have to pee real fast and grab a drink while you are up.Ignore him if he wants to fight.Really that is just dumb

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

kris0921
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:25 PM
You cant get up with your child and use one hand to get whatever it is, and the other to support your child? I did and still do, thats how you lose baby weight. But no my DH has been great if I need anything, but does gripe sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Then you need to have a talk with him. Can you take him to a professional? He needs to know that even yours isn't a paying job like his, his job isn't a 24/7 job like yours.  This is not normal or reasonable behaviour from a husband and father. There must be something else bothering him. How's everything going with his job?

Quoting UncertainHopefl:

He's like this with diaper changes too!

I had to set up a "whose turn is it" system just to get him to do it

When it's "his turn" he bitches about how its my turn and its really now. And when we finally get through arguing about it, hes pissy with me, picks up our dd and calls me lazy then too.

His problem is he thinks I should do everything for her.

100% shes my responsibilty. he thinks just making the money is his first and last father responsibility.

Quoting onethentwins:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)