Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Apparently I'm lazy and dramatic - UPDATED

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM
  • 153 Replies
I normally have our babysitter come 1-2 days a week when I work from home or home appointments. Normally Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sometimes only 1 if I don't need her. Well this week I've had her tues-Friday because I really have not been feeling well. I'm due with baby #3 on may 21 so I do have a bit to go still but my blood pressure has been raising and my dr suggested I take it easier as precaution. I've been suffering from severe headaches and just feel very fatigued all day. This is so unlike me and I never really experienced this with my other 2. Anyway I have a very active 3 and 5 year old. So my husband and I talked and we decided we'd have Sammi ( babysitter) come more to help me out for the next few weeks. No big deal.

Well my mom called yesterday and Sammi answered so she assumed I was working. Then she stopped by today to drop something off and saw her again and asked me why she's here if I'm not out or doing work. So I explainedthat dh felt better with me having some extra help with the kids and house things since the dr said I need to be more careful and take it easier. She rolled her eyes and told me that I'm being a princess and overly dramatic. That when her water broke with my brother she was on her hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor and she kept going to finish then got up and called my dad to take her to the hosp. Yeah ok. She said I'm being lazy and I'm not the first woman to get pregnant and have other kids and on and on and on.

What is her issue? Who cares! I didn't do this with either of the others because I was Fine. I'm having a tougher time around this time. It's not like I've hired a full time nanny and if I had who cared. I explained that the dr is worried about my blood pressure and that he said I need to ease up and she said drs today are overly cautious and ill be fine and don't be so lazy.

I told my husband what she said and he gave me a typical "Brooklyn" answer. " oh yeah? she has a problem witj it? well tell your mom she can go fu..." i cut him off lol. I personally think she is being way unsupportive and negative

***updated ***. This morning I was having migraines and blurred vision and felt very weak. We called the dr and he had me see his associate who has Saturday hours. Due to the pre-eclampsia bringing my blood pressure higher I'm now on bed rest until further notice or delivery. My mom called my cell phone and my husband answered and said I was at the dr and would call her back when we got home. I did and just told her what the newest was and said I'd be fine. She said she had no idea it was that severe and admitted maybe she was giving me a hard time. She also said if I'd like her to come up and help out she would. For now I declined. She did offer to come when I have the baby to stay with my other 2 at home when I'm in the hospital which I agreed would be a good idea. I decided to pick my battles and accept her somewhat apology and let it go, knowing that I'm just doing what's right for my family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PerfectVirgo
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM
11 moms liked this
Lol. I'm with hubby. ;) let her go fu...
ChloeDolce1
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:01 PM
2 moms liked this
You can take the boy out of Brooklyn but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the boy lol

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

Lol. I'm with hubby. ;) let her go fu...

LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:03 PM
What do you do? Just ignore her.
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Pre-eclampsia is nothing to mess with.  It can cause strokes, coma, and demise of you and the babe.  Tell your mother to look it up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:05 PM
7 moms liked this

I'm with your Mom on this. YOU decided to get pregnant, deal with it. You know both of my grandmothers had 9 children and had no help.

my own kids are 14 months apart and my DH is deployed so it is ALL me. I couldn't imagine getting a babysitter to "help" 4 days a week. You are being a princess, suck it up and start acting like an adult.

bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I would tell her that it is none of her business and leave it at that. If your mom continues to go on and on about what you are doing, I would tell her that i would think that her own daughter's health would be more important than her being a judgemental bitch....

Strawberry2008
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:07 PM

I'm sorry that your mom isn't being very sensitive or supportive. Unfortunately, some people from older generations and some from newer have those opinions because the medical knowledge was different then, and pregnancy advice was different then. lol I think it's great that your husband is trying to be supportive. Hope the rest of your pregnancy gets easier and hopefully drama-free :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Are you always such a bitch?

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm with your Mom on this. YOU decided to get pregnant, deal with it. You know both of my grandmothers had 9 children and had no help.

my own kids are 14 months apart and my DH is deployed so it is ALL me. I couldn't imagine getting a babysitter to "help" 4 days a week. You are being a princess, suck it up and start acting like an adult.

ChloeDolce1
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I own a small business that provides on location makeup and hair services for weddings and special events. So I do them and I also have 3 girls who work for me that I send out too. So my babysitter comes when I'm scheduling appointments, getting paperwork together, phone calls or out doing trials. You asked what I do that's what you meant right? I have baby brain I'm slow lol

Honestly ignoring is the plan. It's no mistake that I live an hour away. We did it on purpose. Lol. She was in the area yesterday that's why she stopped by.

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

What do you do? Just ignore her.

krystaldawn_21
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Sounds like she is being unsupportive big time! I had pre-eclampsia with my pregnancies and I know how you feel with the headaches. At one point I lost part of my vision. Its scary stuff and you do need to relax as much as possible. I have to agree with your DH on this one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN