Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If someone had offered to adopt (an abortion post)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

your baby, would you have still aborted? Adoption is always an option, but I mean, if someone you knew, or even someone you didn't, came up to you and said, "I'll adopt your baby and pay your medical care," would you have still aborted? Why or why not? How old were you when you adopted? Did that play into your choice to abort at all?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:41 PM

i have never had an abortion and never would

jojo_star
by Jojo on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Yes. This happened to me. My sister in law offered, begged, and finally threatened, wanting to adopt the baby. I never even considered that. I would have still been pregnant, would have still had to deal with it. I was 16, and yes, my age played a part, at least in so far as that I couldn't raise or pay for another child. I already had a 3 year old, I didn't want or need another one. A pregnancy would have been horrible for me to go through, I don't know if or how I would have made it, not to mention the emotional and mental toll that would have taken on my son. Adoption, to anyone, would never be something I'd consider or do. And my sister in law did offer to pay for everything. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM
No
lucydiamond
by LD on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Not at this point in my life, but as a teen, maybe
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:43 PM

My husband did not want someone else raising his blood. And i refused an abortion. My ds is 22 months old now, and a little stinker.

butterflyblue19
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:55 PM

you had a kid at 13????

Quoting jojo_star:

Yes. This happened to me. My sister in law offered, begged, and finally threatened, wanting to adopt the baby. I never even considered that. I would have still been pregnant, would have still had to deal with it. I was 16, and yes, my age played a part, at least in so far as that I couldn't raise or pay for another child. I already had a 3 year old, I didn't want or need another one. A pregnancy would have been horrible for me to go through, I don't know if or how I would have made it, not to mention the emotional and mental toll that would have taken on my son. Adoption, to anyone, would never be something I'd consider or do. And my sister in law did offer to pay for everything. 

jojo_star
by Jojo on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Yes.

Quoting butterflyblue19:

you had a kid at 13????

Quoting jojo_star:

EmilyWilsonn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I absolutely would have still aborted. I was way too young to carry a child, and I very well may have ended my life if I continued to carry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
danie24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I think most women would still abort.. unless you're willing to take over her pregnancy, too?

Adoption is always available to women.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:00 PM
If I was ever in this situation, yes I would give them the baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured