Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes, I did report her for food stamp fraud.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
DH's ex fling from 5 years ago keeps randomly popping up in our life and bringing her drama infested life with her. She came and ask to stay a couple of days that turned into 3 weeks before I got fed up and put her out. She lost custody of her kids for failing to protect them. She hasn't had them since July last year. In this period of time She has collected about $4500 in food stamps. All of that has been sold for cash and she's been to the bar nearly every night of the week. After telling DH about it he ask me if there was a number to report it. I didn't know but, thanks to Google we got it and reported her. There is no reason for her to not have a job!
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SincerelyMine
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I would have done the same thing. If you aren't going to use it , then don't take it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:26 PM

done that myself. No regrets.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this
You're a brave woman for allowing your DH's ex fling stay in your house... No matter how much I trust my husband, that would never fly with me...

Kudos for reporting her though. I hate nothing more than a thief.
bellawomen
by Summer on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Good.

However, why would you agree to have someone like that in your house? Your husband's ex or otherwise.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
It's because people like her that abuse the system screw it up for someone who really needs it. DH's aunt applied when she was told she couldn't work any more. They gave her $12.31 a MONTH! What in the heck would you get for that amount?

Quoting SincerelyMine:

I would have done the same thing. If you aren't going to use it , then don't take it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Good for you 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM
I use the term fling because I really don't know what to call her. They "talked?" She ended up pregnant by her ex and he stopped talking to her in that way. DH now can't stand her after a string of things. Mainly because She knew I had a soft spot for her son so she'd use me for him every Friday, and Saturday.

Quoting Anonymous:

You're a brave woman for allowing your DH's ex fling stay in your house... No matter how much I trust my husband, that would never fly with me...

Kudos for reporting her though. I hate nothing more than a thief.
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:40 PM

You did the right thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:40 PM

kudos, people like her make it harder for people who really need the help to get it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Honestly, I am a sucker. Anyone can lay a sob story on me and I'll help them out. I hadn't talked to her since the incident happened with her kids and then she called telling me a nice big sob story and I ran to the rescue. I have really got to learn how to say no.

Quoting bellawomen:

Good.

However, why would you agree to have someone like that in your house? Your husband's ex or otherwise.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)