Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Could you afford

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 156 Replies

Your first child? When you had your first child, who paid for your baby, medical care, everything? Were you ready for a baby? How old were you?

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM

No, I could not afford him. My parents paid for everything until my son was 5 years old and I moved out, to move in with my husband. I wasn't ready for a baby, I was 13 when he was born.  

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM

We completely underestimated with our first baby, we needed help from everyone, so we waited ten years to have the next one.  We were married, I was twenty, he was twenty five.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM

yep. he was planned and provided for. 

SincerelyMine
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM
No. My uncle. No. 17. I was molested by my "step father" and i tried to ignore the pregnancy. Don't ask why. I just thought denying it would make everything go away.

ETA:
Uncle payed for the medical, dh(who was my bf at the time) helped me pay for the things I needed and I worked.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Yes I could afford everything, including education savings for my daughter. My husband and I paid for everything. We were more than ready to have a child, we waited 6 years to have our daughter. I was 31 when I had her.

Kitschy
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I was 31. We thought we could afford our first child (in reality we could if we knew how to spend money properly) It was a struggle for a little while. We paid for everything ourselves. We are much better off now and we actually make quite a bit less then we did then, and have a second child. I was 31.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Yes. My exhusb was in the airforce.
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Yes, we could afford her, I was 26, DH was 27, we both had jobs (though I quit to stay home), she was planned.

MissMissfit
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I was 20 when ex-husband and I had DD. We could afford it all, and above, on our own. 

Diatech12
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM
I was 19 when we had our first. Yes we could afford him, ONLY because dh joined the army just after we got together and deployed 1wk after he was born.
Previous to that I was in hs and he was working at arbys, we would have had a VERY hard time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)