Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ADVICE!! WTF! Is this even normal for boys his age? Should I worry? How do I handle this?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM
  • 33 Replies
My son since he was 2 would get boners if he saw beyonce or shakira or any other sexy, scantely clad woman on tv. So, no more music videos... Then hes always been very interested in girls. He wants to play with the girls in the park more then the boys, he wants girls toys so the girls will have more of a reason to play with him, he stops me in the street to tell me "wow mommy did you see her, shes beautiful" I started telling him about going into 1st grade next september.. his first and only question was "mommy how do i get a girlfriend in 1st grade" He seen the girl up stairs (shes in her 20's) out in the front of the building with her ipod and she was dancing.. i catch him in the hall staring at her... since then hes had the only crush on her then tonight hes in bed and calls daddy, i go in and tell him daddys busy what the matter.. he tells me he had a dream but he can only tell daddy.. i tell him daddys busy just tell me.. he starts to tell me that he had a dream about shakira..then stops and tell me to get daddy.. i get daddy.. turns out he had a dream about shakira taking off her clothes... what the frick kid!! you are 5... I stopped letting him see shakira videos a long time ago. This kids is serious about females.. I never in a million years thought i would have to have the bird and the bees talk with a 5 year old... goodness me, god help me when he becomes a teenager I dont know where he gets it from. We dont allow sexual explicit things on the tv.. not even music videos.. He sees me and his father affectionate but just hugs and quick peck kisses.. once in the blue dh will steal a smack on the booty if im bending over, like over the oven.. but thats it. Is it normal for boys his age to show sexual attractions to females already?
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:09 PM

BUMP!

gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Anyone go through something similar? Like seriously I dont know how to handle this.. I havent known how to handle this for a while.. I make daddy deal with these situations..Like is this normal for boys. I thought little boys thought little girls were icky and had cooties... I thought I would have to start dealing with this stuff closer to like age 9-10.. not 4-5

ShannonRoe
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I'm Not sure. My ds is 7 and has boob and butt thing going on..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I don't know. Better do something though. My nephew was suspended from kindergarten for a week for telling a girl she's his girlfriend. I wonder what they'd say to him
Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:15 PM
Is there any way someone could be letting go him see things that are inappropriate, or heaven forbid, doing something inappropriate to/with him? Hypersexuality is sometimes a symptom of sexual abuse:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM
You are making way too big a deal out of it.
Islandmom2boys
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:16 PM

My 4 year old (almost 5) loves women, he flirts with every single one he sees. He even gives them my phone number and our address and tells them to come see him and play Mario with him. It is so annoying sometimes, but I guess it's in his blood my ex loved women too.

PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:17 PM

My son is five and very "Boys are cool and girls drool."  He is way into farts and talking about pooping, but ot girls yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I would think it is natural. My brother used to play with himself when we were 7 or 8. My 2 year old son gets a boner when he plays with normal toys. Lol. We noticed it when we let him run around naked after a bath. Creepiest thing ever but it is every toy. I am guessing he isn't "excited" in that way but he is excited to play with toys.
jamamama00
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Sounds to.me like your reactions to his normal behavior are doing exactly what you don't want....increasing his curiosity
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN