Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I married a man from the Middle East...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 152 Replies
6 moms liked this
And oh so surprisingly he has never beaten me, he's never denied me any rights, he never tried to kidnap me away to his home land, he's never thought about bombing the local government building, and he's never considered taking on suicide bomber as a part time job.

The stereotypes of middle eastern men are atrocious. Many think they are doing good by "sticking up for the women". No, you are not. You are offending me by implying I'm dumb enough to marry an abusive jerk.

I've seen too many remarks go by unnoticed on here and it sickens me. Apparently it's only racist if its a black vs white thing. I also over heard someone tell his wife at a water park "those sexist fuckers beat their wives and make them walk 10 feet behind them" I nearly laughed at the ignorance.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM
14 moms liked this
Well... Good for you. You married an exception. Try going to Iraq or Iran and enjoying those same rights.
audreesmama
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:56 PM
3 moms liked this
Ehh I was stationed in the sandbox and saw some terrible shit. However, I don't necessarily believe that every man does it, or wants to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM
4 moms liked this
This is so ridiculous. Just because a man is middle eastern does not mean he is an abusive jerk. You guys are insanely racist and you don't even see it.

It's like if I were to say all black people are ghetto but since you married one that doesn't sag his pants he is the exception. No. That's not right.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well... Good for you. You married an exception. Try going to Iraq or Iran and enjoying those same rights.
lilmommy10805
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM

My oldest son is from the middle east he's now in prision for rape ( he didn't rape me but he has abused me and sexually assauted me). He was a jerk hoping prision changes him but he will never see my son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I am sorry you are witnessing that. I was told by my grandmother growing up the middle eastern men do that and she even made me watch a movie about it. In junior high I became friends with middle eastern children and I saw that they were no different than any other american. It's sad that people still teach these things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Lucky you. I married a New Mexican and hes a handful!
Mommy_Natural
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
My sister dated a man from Pakistan for 5 years and he was a lovely human being. We were all sad when they broke up, they weren't meant to be but be always treated her with love and respect.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not saying terrible stuff doesn't happen there but we aren't there. We are in America. Rarely do those who plan to abuse their wives and such come to America to do it.

Quoting audreesmama:

Ehh I was stationed in the sandbox and saw some terrible shit. However, I don't necessarily believe that every man does it, or wants to.
jeweldragons
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm married to a Saudi who treats me better than the men in my mom's life ever did. What nationality is your husband?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured