Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Follow through!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Went out to eat tonight with my sister, her three year old and my almost one year old. Her kid kept acting out. My sister kept trying to threaten her with punishments but she never followed through. Finally the little girl was getting dangerous in her playing around so I leaned toward her and told her to knock it off or I would punish her. She sat down and put her jacket over her head. My sister doesn't follow through, but I do. Now my sister says her daughter is afraid of me. Her actions after the meal didn't show me any reactions of fear (she grabbed my hand to cross the car park). I only stepped in when I saw danger and when I couldn't let her behavior continue. Was I wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this

No, your sister is raising a brat.

IFartGlitter
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Nope. Your sister needs to learn some discipline... 

oliver92
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:38 AM

No, sounds like it was out of control and nothing was being done to fix it, a simple threat worked, she could learn from you!!! she can still be offended though, moms are like that when other people take the reins. :)

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I probably would have done the same thing

Dawnzilla
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Kid safety comes first. I told some extremely young 20-something mom the other day in the grocery store that her kid needed to sit down because a 4 year old standing up in a cart was extremely dangerous. Omg this little girl almost fell out and cracked her head so many times I was on pins and needles!?,

2BRBgirlz
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:40 AM

You sound like a good Auntie.

Mainstream Moms
Come join us!!  No crunchiness!big smile mini

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Regardless of your sister's parenting, it isn't your place to do that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Personally, I really dislike when people do that. It's not your kid, therefore it's really not your place to do so. The child would have to be in some serious danger to deem that appropriate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM
My neice was shoving out her chair while people walked by in the aisle. I could "see" a waitress with a tray just falling right into her and hurting a lot of people including my neice.

Quoting Dawnzilla:

Kid safety comes first. I told some extremely young 20-something mom the other day in the grocery store that her kid needed to sit down because a 4 year old standing up in a cart was extremely dangerous. Omg this little girl almost fell out and cracked her head so many times I was on pins and needles!?,

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:44 AM
A tray of hot food danger enough for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

Personally, I really dislike when people do that. It's not your kid, therefore it's really not your place to do so. The child would have to be in some serious danger to deem that appropriate.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured