Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my neighbors gave me roaches

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
I have been in my apartment for three months. No bugs. Not even a fly. My neighbors moved out and the very next day as I sit in my living room three little roaches walk in front of me like they own the place. It's gross. My house is spotless. My husband thinks I have ocd because I'm always cleaning. The littlest speck of dirt and I clean the entire house.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Terminix

HyrulianHeroine
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:19 AM
Ugh we were in a place like that once, we had gross neighbors and started getting them . They travel through the connecting vents. We left to somewhere where inspection was routine
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Texa5
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:22 AM

We get "tree roaches" or whatever these Texans call them. They're the flying cockroaches. I saw a few in my bathroom, according to what I've read and been told they're not "infestation roaches", they're just looking for water and paper. So I laid down some Boric Acid and they were gone within a week.

Do you live in an apartment or do you rent? If so contact your landlord and have him/her take care of them for you. Good luck!

Kimberlynn
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Tell the management to come spray the empty apartment and you use a bomb in yours. They are nasty and will multiply quickly if you don't take care of it now. You can also use a kid/pet friendly repellant (not sure if they work well or not) to spray around your apartment. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IFartGlitter
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Let management know. 

Also, can you bring your OCD to my house?! It might kill you, but at least my place would be clean ;) 

morriganna
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Yuck.  Another reason that I don't like apartments..

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Eeeeeeewwwwwww! My sister's brother in law's 1st baby mama had roaches that looked like they would walk up and ask you for a cigarette. I would move if that is at all possible.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Oh I cannot do roaches or mice. OH no.. It's not even about cleanliness. If your neighbors have roaches and mice, you'll get roaches and mice. You can bathe the house in straight bleach and if there's an opening, they'll find a way in. Tempo will rid them for the rest of your time living there. 7 + yrs. Google it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Thats nasty id be complaing to the land lord. That happend to me and my mom when I was younger. Neighbors moved and they came in our apt but they sprayed and couldnt get rid of them. Put boric acid everywhere and STILLA there.
waffa
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:36 AM

I work in property mgmt; you need to call the LL and get a bug guy to spray in your apt AND the vacant one.

if he/she/ Company won't get one there and pay it yourself then deduct from the rent.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have been in my apartment for three months. No bugs. Not even a fly. My neighbors moved out and the very next day as I sit in my living room three little roaches walk in front of me like they own the place. It's gross. My house is spotless. My husband thinks I have ocd because I'm always cleaning. The littlest speck of dirt and I clean the entire house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beware! Thar be trolls in these here threads. wink

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured