Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

whats a reasonable time limit..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When it comes to moving in with a new girlfriend/boyfriend when there are children involved?

And I mean children from a previous relationship.

Lets say your ex got a girlfriend, how long would you hope he would wait before moving her into the house your children live part time?

My ex lives with his new girlfriend. They have only been dating about a month. I don't find this very appropriate. But maybe thats just me. Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
Fatal_Frost
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:13 AM
If I'm ever single again I wont introduce a guy to my kids unless we've been serious at least 6 months and thinking about marriage... no shacking up with me, its a commitment or the highway
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:14 AM
My point exactly. My son hasn't been there due to the fact that I don't want him to be confused. He's already met 3 of daddy's 'girlfriends' in 4 months.

I'm trying to save him from a 4th for as longas possiable. We have court Monday, so I am trying to get an idea if I was over reacting before I walked in the court room and made a fool of myself. Lol

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

A year or more. I wouldn't have even introduced them to my kids yet at a month let alone move the kids in with them. That is seriously confusing for kids. SMDH
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:15 AM
My ex needs to find a woman like you. Lol. His current gf has a daughter and she moved ex in with her after a month.

He just bought a house and plans to move her and her daughter in there.. and then have my son there also.

Quoting Fatal_Frost:

If I'm ever single again I wont introduce a guy to my kids unless we've been serious at least 6 months and thinking about marriage... no shacking up with me, its a commitment or the highway
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:17 AM
My sons 2. I know he doesn't fully understand, but he knows Daddy doesn't live with us anymore. He always says 'Where's Daddy? At his new house?"

Quoting TigressLily:

I'd say at least a year, so that people aren't coming in and going out of their lives a lot. If they stay together for a year, they are more likely to stay together longer, rather it's a life-long relationship. I'd say around 6 months or so of dating, the new s/o could be introduced to the children as a "friend," so they can get to know him/her before they realize that they might end up having a step-parent. {My opinion is for children 3+ years with enough understanding that mommy & daddy aren't together anymore, sort of thing}.

tennisgal
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:18 AM

No clue. Never lived with anyone (until dh and i got married)

Fatal_Frost
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:21 AM
That would irk me... like, what the heck is the rush? He should be more concerned with how your kid feels and making a comfortable home for him, not some insta-family he barely knows

Quoting Anonymous:

My ex needs to find a woman like you. Lol. His current gf has a daughter and she moved ex in with her after a month.

He just bought a house and plans to move her and her daughter in there.. and then have my son there also.

Quoting Fatal_Frost:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:23 AM
He shouldn't have to put his life on hold just because he has a kid.

^his exact words.

Quoting Fatal_Frost:

That would irk me... like, what the heck is the rush? He should be more concerned with how your kid feels and making a comfortable home for him, not some insta-family he barely knows

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Fatal_Frost:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:25 AM
What if u and dh got divorced? What do u think is an acceptable time for your child(ren) to live with another woman who will be playing the role of step mom?

Quoting tennisgal:

No clue. Never lived with anyone (until dh and i got married)

marihla
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this

One year.

Fatal_Frost
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Wow

Quoting Anonymous:

He shouldn't have to put his life on hold just because he has a kid.

^his exact words.

Quoting Fatal_Frost:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Fatal_Frost:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN