Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

wtf?!

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:04 AM
  • 37 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was just reading the post about" how much is your income and how much do you get in FS" and it really pissed me off because I don't qualify for FS...not by a lot!!! And after all the monthly bills are paid, we have VERY little to spend for food. I just don't understand. I make $19.25 an hour which is $3080 BEFORE taxes. Health insurance is $432 a month. Rent is $1200 a month. Electric is about $250 a month average (more in the summer, less in the winter) cable/internet is $130. Phones are $100. Gas to get to work is about $300. Car payment is $300. Car insurance is $150. Do the math...for a family of 5, that leaves less than $100 a week for food. With NOTHING left over. Are you kidfing me? I see all these people getting $5-600 a month for food? And I'm scraping the bottom of the peanut butter jar for my kids every month?!? Maybe I should quit my job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:06 AM
Join the club , our monthly income before taxes is only $2400 and we don't qualify either even with a disabled child.
Sharell8710
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:08 AM
3 moms liked this
Lose the cable, internet, and phone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:08 AM
4 moms liked this
Then maybe you need to cut off your TV and cable.. buy a cheaper car.. and find a cheaper place. If you can't afford food, then obviously you need to re-budget.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Problem is a lot of your bills aren't considered 'necessities'. I'm pretty sure they don't count health insurance, either...but I get your point :-/
kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM
I don't understand how all these people are getting over $500 a month in FS!!! I don't want to be on PA, but I'm sooooo sick of struggling when I make a decent salary!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Join the club , our monthly income before taxes is only $2400 and we don't qualify either even with a disabled child.

kiriis
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe you should cut off internet/cable, get cheaper phone, car, and place to live. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Well said.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Did you make a great deal more than that before you conceibed the last child?

Quoting kiddycat73:

I was just reading the post about" how much is your income and how much do you get in FS" and it really pissed me off because I don't qualify for FS...not by a lot!!! And after all the monthly bills are paid, we have VERY little to spend for food. I just don't understand. I make $19.25 an hour which is $3080 BEFORE taxes. Health insurance is $432 a month. Rent is $1200 a month. Electric is about $250 a month average (more in the summer, less in the winter) cable/internet is $130. Phones are $100. Gas to get to work is about $300. Car payment is $300. Car insurance is $150. Do the math...for a family of 5, that leaves less than $100 a week for food. With NOTHING left over. Are you kidfing me? I see all these people getting $5-600 a month for food? And I'm scraping the bottom of the peanut butter jar for my kids every month?!? Maybe I should quit my job.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:16 AM

They don't count unneeded bills in your payments I believe. Someone said earlier only their rent was considered. 

Sarafinn2012
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Oh I heaarrrrrrrr you! My husband and I both worked good jobs (he still does) but when I was pregnant (last year) I was having a hard time and the doc recommended I go on bed rest. It was completely unexpected and we thought we'd have a few months to save a little cushion. I was put in the hospital and we had no back up plan (our mistake yes....but) we still didn't qualify. We were $50.00 over the monthly income limit. WTF??!! We work our asses off to provide for our family and when we needed a little extra help, we got NOTHING!

Quoting kiddycat73:

I don't understand how all these people are getting over $500 a month in FS!!! I don't want to be on PA, but I'm sooooo sick of struggling when I make a decent salary!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)